Plans for a new strip club in Middlesbrough rejected by the council
Plans for a new lap-dancing club have been thrown out amid concerns it would harm the town.
Middlesbrough Council revealed today it has rejected proposals to open a new strip club in the town centre.
Developers hoped to open the new venue, named Richmonds, near the train station in what would have been Middlesbrough’s first strip club for six years.
But council staff feared scantily-clad strippers performing raunchy routines would prove “detrimental” to the town’s regeneration.
Just one public objection was lodged over the plans but a councillor on the committee which blocked the plans... read more
- 09:32 Best pubs to stop by during a walk in Lancashire
- 09:31 Next Chelsea manager: Slavisa Jokanovic discusses rumours ahead of...
- 09:31 Champions League EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool hero explains how Real Madrid...
- 09:31 Police find $28m cash in raids linked to Malaysia ex-PM Najib
- 09:30 Houston Rockets one win from NBA finals after edging Warriors in...
- 09:30 Alastair Cook admits ‘wicket did more than expected’ after England...
- 09:30 Funding crisis leaves High Peak school at ‘breaking point’
- 09:29 Anderson Talisca breaks silence on Manchester United and Liverpool...
- 09:28 Rodney Jackson, solicitor and judge
- 09:28 Have your say on tackling rural crime in your area
- 09:28 Champions League final: Liverpool fans' anger after Kiev flights...
- 09:27 Brexit, waiting times, funding: Generation Z on threats to the NHS
- 09:27 United Utliities spends £817m on regions water service
- 09:27 Former WWE star to guest at Wigan Comic Con
- 09:27 Couple tracked down and killed homeless man after he insulted woman
- 09:27 GDPR explained: Make sure you don’t ignore the irritating emails...
- 09:26 Have your say on tackling rural crime in your area
- 09:25 Blown away by Barbados! Discovering history, beauty (and rum punch)...
- 09:25 Yacht a lot we've got! Anneka Rice treats her family to their own...
- 09:25 Get your tickets for the Team Verrico summer ball
- 09:24 Project update: Highfield Gardens,Blackpool
- 09:23 Polls open for Ireland’s abortion referendum
- 09:22 Man has wallet stolen by woman after asking her to hold it
- 09:22 Boy, desperately called his gran as his dad died in front of him...
- 09:22 M58 link road WILL go ahead
- 09:21 Football transfer rumours: Tottenham to sign Wilfried Zaha?
- 09:21 Trump-Kim summit: Koreans 'see peace being taken away'
- 09:21 YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain dies aged 33
- 09:21 New surround sound speakers for community cinema
- 09:20 Five casualties after two car collision on busy Burnley road