Planes grounded at Dubai International Airport for 30 minutes after unauthorized drone flies into airspace
Dubai International Airport ground to a halt for 30 minutes on Wednesday morning after a drone flew into its airspace, officials have confirmed.
The busy transport hub was forced to stop flight operations just after 8am over 'unauthorized drone activity.'
It says a number of takeoffs and landings were delayed by the remote controlled flying device but it's not known how many passengers were impacted as a result.
Apparently it is the second such incident at the airport in the past four months.
Those found guilty of flying drones within that limit are liable to heavy fines in the United Arab... read more
- 11:20 A man allegedly assaulted four men, three women and two police...
- 11:19 Two children die after house fire in Hamstead, Birmingham
- 11:19 Next to open at Princes Quay shopping centre in Hull alongside...
- 11:18 Manchester United odds: Betting and tips ahead of Burnley clash
- 11:18 Star striker to return for Burnley v Manchester United clash
- 11:18 Drone catches the incredible moment a blanket of thick fog makes a...
- 11:18 QUIZ: Which scary Halloween monster are you?
- 11:18 The height of glamping: Inside the Royal Navy HELICOPTER...
- 11:18 Man United outcast closes in on exit: International ace to end Old...
- 11:18 European shares back in the red for October on weak results
- 11:18 Man Utd News: Star man in Arsenal transfer shock, squad photo...
- 11:18 Soil and soul: ‘Leeds is the perfect combination of rural and urban’
- 11:18 Recollections of city nightspot as it prepares to shut its doors...
- 11:18 Clinton holds lead, but pollsters say their job is harder
- 11:18 The George Hotel presents trophy to winners of Stamford and Bourne...
- 11:17 Greasy spoon map: The Yorkshire towns with most takeaways
- 11:17 Community heroes honoured
- 11:17 Tragedy of Scarborough tot, killed by his coat hood on a door handle
- 11:17 IMAGES OF YESTERYEAR
- 11:17 Accolades for town shops and employees
- 11:16 Saints coach West: We haven’t been complacent
- 11:15 Suez Crisis: The MI6 secretary with a ringside seat
- 11:15 Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri cried after watching Premier League...
- 11:13 Christmas 2016 events - and free parking - revealed for Carlisle
- 11:12 Children with life-limiting conditions launch appeal to keep their...
- 11:12 Bond sell-off threatens to unleash "angry rise" in yields - BAML
- 11:12 Tributes to Nancy, who gave much to her community
- 11:12 Frustrated grandmother designs emojis for the over-50s
- 11:11 Project to revitalise St Michael’s Churchyard
- 11:12 See inside the filthy Newcastle takeaway where a customer was left...