Plan to move Arran ferries from Ardrossan would be 'cataclysmic' for one Scotland's most deprived areas
A PLAN to move Arran ferries from Ardrossan would be “cataclysmic” for one of the most deprived areas in Scotland.
The owners of the port at Troon have proposed a redevelopment if the town can secure the lucrative crossing from the Ayrshire coast to Brodick, the island’s capital.
Associated British Ports (ABP) say Troon’s sheltered harbour will reduce cancellations and has better transport links to the rest of the country.
But supporters of Ardrossan, owned by Clydeport, are horrified at the plans and warn the loss of the ferry link would be a disaster for the Ayrshire town.
North Ayrshire... read more
- 08:33 'People have gone chicken crazy': what the KFC crisis means for the...
- 08:32 Royal Navy shadows Russian spy warships through the English Channel...
- 08:30 Parish councillor resigns to campaign for NHS
- 08:26 Stormzy-backed petition on Grenfell Tower set to be debated...
- 08:26 MPs back ‘Max’s Bill’ for organ donation opt-out system
- 08:26 MOT check - How to check when your car needs service and avoid...
- 08:24 Electrician who left taxi driver with fractures to his face in...
- 08:24 Why a man and his van are taking on North Tyneside Council over new...
- 08:24 Winter Olympics 2018: Watch what it's like to fly down a bobsleigh...
- 08:24 Bargains galore: These secret TK Maxx insider tips will help you...
- 08:24 Creative arts day for Wooler students
- 08:21 Selfless Barrow schoolgirl donates more than 30 meals to foodbank...
- 08:20 Work on Carlisle's railway station roof nears completion
- 08:19 Brexit will take its toll on bulk whisky buys
- 08:19 Chef’s Table: Martin Hollis of The Old Course St Andrews
- 08:20 Officers target Sheffield estates in problem parking drive
- 08:19 Ballathie House Hotel (42/50)
- 08:19 Food blog: Kat Riach
- 08:19 Sideboard with a story to tell
- 08:19 It’s never too late to learn some new cycling skills
- 08:19 From Halifax to the world - Shak became a wrestling star
- 08:18 Travel talk about long distance trek in the Alps
- 08:18 Pokemon Go Community Day SECRET revealed as fans prepare for...
- 08:17 Volunteers unravel a big issue for beaches
- 08:16 Shoppers in Leamington and Warwick encouraged to support ‘Fairtrade...
- 08:16 Head teacher appointed as national leader
- 08:16 Fence is just the ticket for museum
- 08:16 New additions to business forum group
- 08:16 P&G staff lend a hand at foodbank
- 08:16 Milestone reached at Percy Hedley