Plan to move Arran ferries from Ardrossan would be 'cataclysmic' for one Scotland's most deprived areas
A PLAN to move Arran ferries from Ardrossan would be “cataclysmic” for one of the most deprived areas in Scotland.
The owners of the port at Troon have proposed a redevelopment if the town can secure the lucrative crossing from the Ayrshire coast to Brodick, the island’s capital.
Associated British Ports (ABP) say Troon’s sheltered harbour will reduce cancellations and has better transport links to the rest of the country.
But supporters of Ardrossan, owned by Clydeport, are horrified at the plans and warn the loss of the ferry link would be a disaster for the Ayrshire town.
North Ayrshire... read more
- 21:04 Mohamed Salah’s World Cup dream all but over as rampant Russia...
- 21:04 Bernd Leno admits he looked up to Jens Lehmann – just hours after...
- 21:04 Andy Murray casts doubt over Wimbledon after Queen’s injury return
- 20:58 Andy Murray shakes off racket rust in promising Queen’s Club comeback
- 20:57 'Minor explosion' reported at north London tube station
- 20:55 Nasa Mars exploration robot snaps smug selfies in dust storm that...
- 20:51 Kieran Brookes knew Wasps were right for him after a get-together...
- 20:51 Coventry City's big away day trips to look forward to in League One
- 20:50 Tube station evacuated after ‘explosion’ during rush hour
- 20:48 Man with three wives 'tied woman's legs together and raped her' -...
- 20:46 Dumped dog found on side of road had such badly matted fur his paw...
- 20:45 Frankie Dettori seizes centre stage with treble at Royal Ascot
- 20:45 England World Cup news: Marcus Rashford delivers verdict on Tunisia...
- 20:42 Mum tells how son died of cancer 2 years after being diagnosed when...
- 20:42 The incredible things Marcus did before losing cancer fight -...
- 20:40 Demonic possession is REAL, says psychiatry professor who's spent...
- 20:40 A 'saboteur' in the ranks: Elon Musk says rogue Tesla employee...
- 20:37 Popular Harrogate restaurant to move location
- 20:37 'Minor explosion' closes London tube station
- 20:36 Man laughs and smirks as he kicks cat across field like a football
- 20:36 'Essentially summer camps': how the right is defending family...
- 20:36 Abandoned dog dumped on roadside after foot rotted away
- 20:36 Crete resort death: West Sussex man guilty of manslaughter
- 20:35 Cancer centre expansion delay
- 20:28 Capita awarded £500m MoD contract despite 'highest risk rating'
- 20:27 US 'to quit UN human rights council'
- 20:24 Queen Victoria marble portrait saved from export to tune of £1m
- 20:23 Liverpool's most polluted roads revealed
- 20:23 Police keen to speak to group of males on bikes after targeted...
- 20:23 MP vows ‘the Mack will rise again’ after devastating blaze