Plan for Nuthall island roundabout advertising is branded 'sheer madness'
Councillors have turned down plans for advertising on one of the area's busiest roundabouts.
Notts County Council wanted to have space for four adverts at Nuthall island, on the A610 near junction 26 of the M1.
But fellow councillors at Broxtowe Borough Council decided against the move, saying it would distract drivers.
Borough councillor Philip Owen said it would worsen the accident risk at the roundabout, which is a key link between the city, Stapleford, several villages and the M1.
Read more: Nottingham councillor who has missed most meetings has been paid more than £6,000
On Wednesday... read more
- 08:46 Club relaunch hopes to curb village woes
- 08:39 Driver of car that overturned on the M6 arrested for suspected...
- 08:37 Cornelly United: Games to go ahead 'for our injured lads'
- 08:35 Scotch whisky is our liquid ambassador
- 08:35 Food blog: Brodie Williams
- 08:35 Treatise on cow-pox put physician John Ring’s career at stake
- 08:35 Desert Island Chef: Paul Newman of Thyme at Errichel
- 08:35 The Fisherman’s Tavern, Broughty Ferry (37/50)
- 08:35 More than 60 people helped Northampton woman when dog Bertie went...
- 08:35 Food blog: Kat Riach
- 08:35 Keeping the social side of cycling in motion
- 08:35 A den and a ditty, close to the city
- 08:33 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte aims fresh dig at Manchester United...
- 08:28 Arsene Wenger: Arsenal chief could join Everton this summer
- 08:28 Driver of car that overturned on the M6 arrested for suspected...
- 08:28 Sheffield DJ speaks out over suicidal feelings before undergoing...
- 08:27 Donald Trump’s long-awaited visit to UK could happen this July
- 08:25 Driver of car that overturned on the M6 arrested for suspected...
- 08:23 Protest being organised over the Ashington Hole
- 08:23 Tea party for guide dogs charity in Skegness
- 08:21 The ultimate INSIDER guide to New York: From sensational...
- 08:19 Driver of car that overturned on the M6 arrested for suspected...
- 08:19 Delays after van fire on the M6
- 08:19 Pupils’ special lesson from global business
- 08:17 Three abandoned fox cubs adopted by farmer's dog
- 08:16 Protest being organised over the Ashington Hole
- 08:13 FARMING MATTERS: Lambing in full flow with lots of singles
- 08:12 Women lead the way in Cumbria - county authority votes in all...
- 08:09 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang sends tribute to departing Arsenal...
- 08:04 These 10 artists prove autism is no barrier to creativity