Plan for new £60m medium secure hospital next to Ashworth in Maghull
Mersey Care has revealed plans for a new £60m medium secure hospital in Maghull.
The new hospital on Villas Road will be built on land in between Ashworth hospital and HMP Kennnet. The hospital will replace the existing Scott unit at Rainhill, which had been deemed no longer fit for purpose.
The new unit at Maghull will mainly treat people who have been dealt with by the courts and are in need of mental health treatment.
The new unit will be on a similar scale to the new Clock view hospital in Walton, and half the scale of Ashworth hospital.
It will treat patients who are deemed to be less... read more
- 09:21 Arkansas executes fourth inmate in eight days
- 09:21 LIVE: Man takes to Scunthorpe roof top
- 09:21 Child rapist returned to UK after spending nearly four years on the...
- 09:21 Truly ridiculous hands-free toilet seat promises to fix all...
- 09:21 Insider reveals why Alexis Sanchez snubbed Liverpool switch: Reds...
- 09:21 Exhibit: Saint’s alive as Whitby Museum tells story of abbess
- 09:20 Hearts eye defender and Real Madrid star Alvaro Morata looks set to...
- 09:20 Uddingston rally co-driver Stuart Loudon relishes new challenge
- 09:20 Hamilton Backhold wrestlers help Scotland win European Championship...
- 09:20 Cyclists warned off copying Danny MacAskill after Skye rescue
- 09:20 St Cuthbert Wanderers management team planning shake-up ahead of...
- 09:20 Place name of the week: Caithness - Gallaibh
- 09:20 Dynamic Gymnastics kids help Scotland win the Celtic Cup
- 09:20 Mamadou Sakho Injury: Liverpool and Palace get major update on...
- 09:20 Dalbeattie wheelchair tennis player Keith Thom achieves highest...
- 09:20 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals the latest on his future decision
- 09:20 Dalbeattie Star finish Lowland League fixtures with terrific 2-1...
- 09:20 Dumfries' David Bogie takes record-breaking eighth win on McDonald...
- 09:20 Hamilton boss Martin Canning aims to break unwanted home record...
- 09:20 Here’s how to get tickets for the Paramore UK tour
- 09:20 Pound to Euro exchange rate: Sterling holds STRONG after European...
- 09:20 Albion Rovers boss Darren Young to leave the club at the end of the...
- 09:20 Brave head stamp victim speaks out in bid to warn others
- 09:18 Box office open for Burghley Horse Trials
- 09:18 Man saved young boy from Rutland Water
- 09:18 West Bridgford police warn of 'suspicious male' in the area
- 09:16 Georgia Hudson: So, how was Trump’s first 100 days?
- 09:16 VIDEO: Wray Scarecrow Festival’s success
- 09:16 Lancashire County Council elections 2017: Ribble Valley
- 09:16 Six days to go until Lancashire County Council election