Plaid Cymru attack Welsh Government over 'disappointing' number of apprenticeships
A Plaid AM says the Welsh Government should do more to “set an example” to businesses after it took on just 41 apprentices over the past three years.
The figures, released as part of an FOI response, showed the Government took on no apprentices at all in 2015 despite its manifesto pledge to create 100,000 places across Wales over the next five years.
In 2014 the Government took on 22 apprentices and this year has taken on 19 so far.
Read More Coleg Menai leading the way in construction training
Figures peaked in 2011, when the workforce was bolstered by 68 new apprentices, before falling to... read more
- 16:07 Could you be on ‘Come Dine With Me’?
- 16:07 Freshney Place branded 'diabolical' after allowing M&S to set up...
- 16:06 Fabricio Werdum responds to Luke Rockhold's callout, trolls former...
- 16:06 Sanchez? Wenger? Ozil? Bookies reveal who is most likely to leave...
- 16:06 £10,000 reward to help find stolen jewellery from Burton Green
- 16:05 Leicester house prices rising faster than every capital city of the...
- 16:05 Magpies boss Jansen targets home rule
- 16:05 Lancaster slimmer appears on Channel 4 documentary
- 16:05 Golf buggy maker hopes to create 50 jobs
- 16:05 Keen cook scoops scholarship
- 16:05 Colleague pays tribute to ‘wise’ Dr Geoff Slater
- 16:05 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Chess champions at Gipsey Bridge
- 16:05 Flowers for police after Westminster terror attack
- 16:04 WATCH: Councillor vows to fill in 'dangerous' potholes plaguing...
- 16:04 Chairman of Burton Soup Kitchen speaks of 'disgusted' after camera...
- 16:03 Who will leave Chelsea this summer? The five Blues stars most...
- 16:03 Dashcam footage appeal after Holywell police incident
- 16:03 Masked machete-wielding men imprison couple in Derbyshire farmhouse...
- 16:03 Hunt for missing sex offender
- 16:03 Flowers sent to Kirklees Police after terror attacks in capital...
- 16:02 Tesco to cut petrol and diesel prices by 2p ahead of Mother’s Day
- 16:02 Tiny eye moments that give away if you’re lying
- 16:01 Colleague pays tribute to ‘wise’ Dr Geoff Slater
- 16:01 Infineon raises 2017 outlook on stronger automotive orders
- 16:00 Education trust running Hartlepool and Sunderland schools announces...
- 16:00 Police helicopter bids final farewell
- 16:00 See Sunderland schoolboy dice with danger clinging to moving bus
- 16:00 Paul Merson reveals who he wants to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal
- 16:00 Manchester United tell Real Madrid: Forget David De Gea or we will...
- 16:00 BREAKING: First picture of young Sheffield dad stabbed to death