Pinewood Studios celebrates 80 years of film
Pinewood Studios is celebrating 80 years of filmmaking.
It opened its gates on 30 September 1936 to provide Britain with a film studio to compete with Hollywood.
Since then, the site in Buckinghamshire has produced blockbusters such as the James Bond franchise and Star Wars films.
Former Bond star Sir Roger Moore, who made all but one of his Bond films at the Iver Heath studios, described Pinewood as a "second home".
Studio historian Gareth Owen said the site had been responsible for "really landscape-changing films".
The location has more than a dozen main stages -... read more
- 09:58 Ched Evans’ fianceé Natasha Massey explains why she stuck by him
- 09:57 All Blacks secure world-record win in Auckland
- 09:56 Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny admits they will have to vary their...
- 09:56 Eggs of mosquito capable of carrying the Zika virus found in the UK
- 09:56 Britons spend eight years of their lives on housework
- 09:54 Phew! What's that pong over Lincoln?
- 09:53 Weston brothers in pop with plan to put smile back into music
- 09:52 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho will always respect Chelsea...
- 09:52 National news headlines for Saturday October 22
- 09:51 Foul-mouthed parent rants at woman after school parking complaint
- 09:51 Kanye West pays tribute to wife Kim Kardashian in emotional...
- 09:51 Australians rally for refugees in stand against far-right sentiment
- 09:50 Cash grant will help Carlisle nursery replace flood damaged equipment
- 09:50 Train derails and overturns in Cameroon killing at least 53 and...
- 09:50 Former X Factor boy band Union J perform at north Cumbrian school's...
- 09:49 Fire crews release casualty trapped in machinery at Dyke
- 09:47 BREAKING: Murder probe as British man found tied to Malaga airport...
- 09:46 Pet shop owner fined over waste disposal shambles
- 09:46 Orionids meteor shower: how to see this weekend’s spectacle
- 09:46 Bus wars: Arriva responds to YourBus competition with refurbished...
- 09:44 Oswestry skatepark death: Rave boss avoids being sent to jail
- 09:44 Shropshire netball official jailed for taking £50,000 of club funds...
- 09:44 Property damaged in chip pan fire
- 09:42 Firebugs cause more damage to playground
- 09:42 Warning after youths seen with fireworks at park
- 09:42 Cash grant will help Carlisle nursery replace flood damaged equipment
- 09:42 Former X Factor boy band Union J perform at Cumbrian school's prize...
- 09:40 Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny: This is how Arsene Wenger proved...
- 09:40 Marcus Rashford: Chelsea are just like Manchester United
- 09:38 Fundraising appeal to save Cantelupe Centre from closure gains...