PIMCO's Amey says rise in UK bond yields "more behind us than ahead of us"
One of the world's biggest bond funds said on Thursday that a recent rise in UK government bond yields had probably run its course and that the fund had trimmed its holdings of gilts.
"It's possible we get a little bit of a further rise in yields but probably more of it is behind us than ahead of us," PIMCO's head of sterling portfolio, Mike Amey, told Reuters on the sidelines of its investment summit in London.
Amey said he had closed a "long" position in UK government bonds and any decision to increase holdings again would depend largely on the government's fiscal... read more
- 07:39 Blackpool patients face having to lose weight before surgery
- 07:38 Manchester United Champions League draw predictor
- 07:38 Coronation Street Christmas spoilers: Todd Grimshaw exit storyline...
- 07:38 Man City Champions League draw predictor
- 07:38 Leeds bus services face disruption as private hire drivers stage...
- 07:38 SNOW WATCH: Derbyshire school and road closures
- 07:38 Tokyo 2020 Olympic mascots to be chosen by children
- 07:37 Woman injured after HGV and car crash in Mirfield
- 07:37 Ronnie O’Sullivan heats up Shaun Murphy rivalry with UK Snooker...
- 07:36 Real Madrid confident of landing Tottenham star Hugo Lloris based...
- 07:36 Man Utd on red alert as Fulham begin hunt for wonderkid Ryan...
- 07:33 New Pokemon Go Gen 3 region exclusives revealed following Weather...
- 07:32 Snow and ice to hit Monday commute as Britain shivers
- 07:31 Santa’s grotto closes down after Father Christmas is snowed in
- 07:31 How snow and ice in London is affecting tubes, trains, buses and roads
- 07:31 Man Utd news: Danny Murphy aims surprising jibe at Jose Mourinho...
- 07:31 Barcelona news: Man Utd stunned by latest Antoine Griezmann...
- 07:31 Bagging up brilliant marketing
- 07:31 Lancashire County Council award £104m NHS contract to Virgin Care
- 07:31 Leeds bus services face disruption as private hire drivers stage...
- 07:26 Snow and ice to hit Monday commute as Britain shivers
- 07:26 Metro disruption LIVE: Delays of more than 30 minutes due to four...
- 07:26 Lionel Messi demands Barcelona contract talks urgently take place -...
- 07:23 SNOW WATCH: Derbyshire school and road closures
- 07:22 Lane closure on M6 after lorry fire
- 07:22 WANTED: Police search for man in connection with 'assault'
- 07:21 BBC weather: Carol Kirkwood brightens up icy forecast in fitted...
- 07:21 SNOW WATCH: Derbyshire school and road closures
- 07:20 Snow and ice to hit Monday commute as Britain shivers
- 07:20 Dad of Yassar Yaqub challenges IPCC chief to live TV debate