Pilot narrowly avoids collision during take off by FLYING OVER another aircraft that crossed his path on the runway
An error made by air traffic control may have caused a near collision at Shanghai Hongqiao Airport, according to China's Civil Aviation Authority CAAC.
Two passenger planes only narrowly avoided contact when one pilot was able to accelerate his take off and fly his aircraft over the other, as it crossed his path.
A task force has now been assembled to investigate the incident on October 11.
Both aircraft involved in the near collision belong to China Eastern Airlines.
One was an Airbus A330-300 (flight MU-5106) travelling from Beijing to Shanghai while the other was an Airbus A320-200... read more
- 07:42 Solar eclipse will be partially visible from the UK at sunset tonight
- 07:41 Striking signs of the times from women in revolt
- 07:41 Invaluable history of post-war squatting
- 07:41 Game-changers could be great
- 07:41 A grand national holiday to bring down capitalism
- 07:39 Jose Mourinho confirms talks with Anthony Martial over his Man Utd...
- 07:39 West Brom transfer news and rumours; Move sanctioned for Tottenham...
- 07:38 Manchester United news and transfer rumours LIVE Zlatan Ibrahimovic...
- 07:38 Post Live: Breaking news, travel and weather updates around...
- 07:35 WATCH: Moment Russian policeman kills man suspected of stabbing...
- 07:33 Eclipse spectacle set to grip US public
- 07:31 Man Utd Transfer News: Draxler swoop claim, Adam tips Tierney,...
- 07:27 Sectarianism never results in progressive change
- 07:27 This is how Tory Britain makes people homeless
- 07:26 Nearly 70,000 sign petition urging more transport investment in...
- 07:26 Musk warns of 'killer robot' arms race
- 07:26 Parents on low incomes 'can't afford basics'
- 07:26 Crawford Falconer takes up post as UK's top trade negotiator
- 07:20 Olivia Attwood ‘dragged out of nightclub by security’ after fight...
- 07:20 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 07:20 Real Madrid to ensure David De Gea joins by next summer: Keylor...
- 07:20 Arsenal Transfer News: Oxlade-Chamberlain exclusive, Draxler bid,...
- 07:18 Young woman 'left humiliated and in tears' by car salesman
- 07:18 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from across East...
- 07:12 Even the capitalists think Trump’s toast
- 07:12 Can Syria be free after Isis?
- 07:12 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho reveals the secret behind...
- 07:11 Plans for new Carlisle bar and restaurant revealed
- 07:07 How Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump have restarted the war on drugs
- 07:07 What it’s like to go to A&E when you’re having a mental health crisis