Pilot narrowly avoids collision during take off by FLYING OVER another aircraft that crossed his path on the runway
An error made by air traffic control may have caused a near collision at Shanghai Hongqiao Airport, according to China's Civil Aviation Authority CAAC.
Two passenger planes only narrowly avoided contact when one pilot was able to accelerate his take off and fly his aircraft over the other, as it crossed his path.
A task force has now been assembled to investigate the incident on October 11.
Both aircraft involved in the near collision belong to China Eastern Airlines.
One was an Airbus A330-300 (flight MU-5106) travelling from Beijing to Shanghai while the other was an Airbus A320-200... read more
- 08:19 Can you identify a criminal through the sound of their voice?
- 08:18 Nigel Farage on shortlist to be Time’s person of the year
- 08:18 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:18 Stobart Group terminates talks with Irish airline
- 08:17 Toyota to expand hybrid system development to further cut emissions
- 08:16 Why Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham are better places to...
- 08:16 Appeal after burglary in Gainsborough
- 08:15 Plea to help our lonely elderly this Christmas
- 08:15 Government facing High Court challenge over Prevent...
- 08:15 NHS whistleblowers 'being fired, gagged and blacklisted'
- 08:15 Prison inmate probed over 'Cop Killer' profile on Xbox Live
- 08:15 Nigel Farage on shortlist for Time magazine's person of the year award
- 08:15 Gagging orders 'used by a number of clubs to silence football...
- 08:14 Councillor on warpath over flood risk rating for Spalding
- 08:14 Plans for health services across Lincolnshire ‘leaked’
- 08:14 Granit Xhaka defends slow start to his Arsenal career ahead of...
- 08:14 Lidl set to open its Bourne store this Thursday
- 08:14 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:12 Roxanne Pallett enlists celebrity support in mission to tackle...
- 08:12 Apprentice star celebrates soaring Cumberland sausage sales
- 08:12 GHA Coaches: Directors other coach company RJ’s of Wem has...
- 08:11 Staff brush up on DIY to help children’s charity
- 08:11 Thai king appoints new members to royal council - palace
- 08:10 Agent of Zlatan Ibrahimovic-endorsed Man Utd target delivers major...
- 08:09 Chelsea actually paid £28m for Eden Hazard – not £32.5m!
- 08:08 13 reasons Bali should be your next holiday destination
- 08:08 Thinking about dumping someone? Do it before December 17th*
- 08:08 Two-vehicle crash near Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire
- 08:08 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 08:06 Arnold teacher jailed for carrying out abuse at prep school