Pictures show incredible recovery of starving boy who was victim of Yemen crisis
The painful image of his skeletal body, close to death on a hospital bed in Yemen, embodied the crisis that has engulfed the country in the grips of a unrelenting civil war.
Boy, 16, died after crashing BMW he secretly bought But just over a month later, and smiling from the same ward in Hodeidah, five-year-old Salim Ali Salim is showing signs of an inspiring recovery.
The child was brought to the city hospital from his family home in Baqea, nearly an hour’s drive away.
One of eight children, his mother Houdaid Masbah had explained he had suffered his whole life.
Sadly, he is not alone in... read more
- 10:09 Care home future in turmoil after sale collapse
- 10:09 Can health services work together? - 'Teamwork' bid for struggling...
- 10:09 Top class turnaround for primary school's inspection
- 10:08 Kenilworth MP praises 'dignity' of family after medical cannabis...
- 10:08 Embattled tool hire group HSS secures refinancing package as it...
- 10:07 Eyemouth lifeboat crew rescue labradoodle
- 10:07 'Exceptional' ancient ring collection to be auctioned
- 10:07 Boys 13 and 15 held over triple Liverpool stabbing
- 10:07 'Knife held to baby's throat' in Coventry robbery
- 10:07 New parents are averaging less than five hours sleep a night
- 10:05 Top class turnaround for primary school's inspection
- 10:05 Man arrested in Bury New Road, Prestwich, after gun fired at...
- 10:05 Mystery still surrounds identity of Barnsley murder victim
- 10:04 Hull man's fury as 'speeding' bus forces his van off the road
- 10:03 Upskirting ban ‘will also apply to kilts’
- 10:03 Fact check: the truth about the US economy
- 10:02 Young people 'see cannabis as safer than alcohol'
- 10:01 Burton MP Andrew Griffiths calls for changes after his pregnant...
- 10:01 Cumbria police become first UK force to use new technology for...
- 10:00 Sale of Northants County Council’s former HQ put on hold
- 09:59 Former Lancashire private school teacher jailed for making sick...
- 09:58 Chelsea next manager: Maurizio Sarri confirmed as Antonio Conte...
- 09:58 Brexit: May faces 'meaningful vote' crunch day - Politics live
- 09:58 Jorginho to Man City: Agent talks held today as Chelsea eye £47m...
- 09:57 How might Chester FC's £1million donation from Stuart Murphy be...
- 09:55 Ulverston chef to compete on BBC's Great British Menu
- 09:54 Can health services work together? - 'Teamwork' bid for struggling...
- 09:54 Cumbria police become first UK force to use new technology for...
- 09:54 Learn all about military life at annual Armed Forces event
- 09:53 Four youths on ONE scooter caught on dashcam riding through Grimsby...