Pictures of '130mph road race' crash scene where victim suffered brain injury
This is the horrific aftermath of a 130mph crash that left a driving instructor with a devastating brain injury.
West Midlands Police released the images after two reckless drivers were jailed for taking part in a street race moments before crashing into Kathrine Davies’ car.
She was left in a coma for several weeks and is now permanently disabled and unable to work.
Bashir Ahmadzai, 22, of Rotton Park Road, Edgbaston, was sentenced to two years and Lee Round, 26, of Lark Close, Kings Heath, was jailed for 20 months after both previously admitted causing serious injury by dangerous... read more
- 09:54 Javier Hernandez expected to be fit for West Ham’s clash with Brighton
- 09:54 Could Sephora's first UK store be coming to Nottingham?
- 09:54 Making a big difference to streets
- 09:54 South Yorkshire trio in court over burglary and vehicle theft
- 09:52 Sam Smith announces North East tour date
- 09:52 Street robber who struck weeks after earlier knife crime to be...
- 09:52 Record-breaking Gary to receive freedom of Copeland today
- 09:51 Example comes to Market Harborough
- 09:50 Arsenal expected XI: Who will make Arsene Wenger’s 3-4-3 to face...
- 09:50 Birmingham child protection service remains inadequate but on track...
- 09:50 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:50 Baby girl born with a giant red BALLOON-like mass on her face could...
- 09:50 Schools defend performance in recent draft scores: ‘We’re all...
- 09:50 Is this Mexican boy the world's FATTEST baby? 10-month-old who is...
- 09:50 Grandmother who felt 'disfigured' following a double mastectomy,...
- 09:49 Brummie Apprentice star James White strips off - and fans are...
- 09:49 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:48 Warwick man’s livelihood put on hold by van fire
- 09:48 Government borrowing at lowest September level for 10 years
- 09:47 Storm Brian 2017: DAYS of downpours forecast as 'weatherbomb' strikes
- 09:47 South Yorkshire trio in court over burglary and vehicle theft
- 09:47 Football legend Alan Shearer coming to Doncaster
- 09:47 Baby boy weighs as much as 9-year-old due to rare condition
- 09:47 MP: Travellers review ‘is urgently required’
- 09:46 Amanda Holden admits she and Simon Cowell could have been an item
- 09:46 Mariah Carey targetted by rotten thieves as home robbed of $50,000...
- 09:46 Willshee's Waste and Recycling takes top gong as the Burton Mail...
- 09:45 Birmingham pub bombings: Families to challenge inquest ruling
- 09:45 Ian Lavery MP received £165,000 from trade union
- 09:45 Committee luanches probe into immigration policies in Scotland