Phillip Hughes' family walk out on inquest into the death of former Australia batsman
The family of Australia cricketer Phillip Hughes walked out of an inquest into his death as the coroner ended the five-day inquest ahead of releasing his findings on November 4.
Hughes was fatally struck by a ball during a domestic match in Sydney in 2014 and died from a haemorrhage in the brain.
New South Wales state coroner Michael Barnes is investigating whether the nature of play contributed to the risk for the former Australia test batsman, the response by stadium and cricket officials and the ambulance service, and whether new guidelines on safety equipment need to be introduced to... read more
- 06:41 Middlesbrough turn down £6m Aston Villa offer for Jordan Rhodes -...
- 06:41 Steven Gerrard: Liverpool have to keep this star at Anfield
- 06:41 Thierry Henry: This Arsenal star could join Bayern Munich - Here’s why
- 06:40 UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 19
- 06:40 Search to find Rushden’s unsung heroes
- 06:40 Tributes paid to former ET worker
- 06:40 Reassurance for Wellingborough residents concerned by number of...
- 06:39 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 06:39 Horrific injuries after yob hurled brick through taxi window
- 06:39 Look: Raider holds knife to throat of Co-op worker in robbery
- 06:38 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Shawcross hails...
- 06:38 Sleep rough for homeless
- 06:38 Drug service expands to Doncaster’s homeless
- 06:38 Improvement is needed for young people
- 06:38 Hartlepool United caretaker Sam Collins will have Pools ready for...
- 06:37 Man United deal eyed after national team warning: Club already in...
- 06:36 Allianz and Standard Chartered form bancassurance pact in Asia
- 06:34 Premier League stats: Who is the fastest attacker in the Premier...
- 06:33 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 06:32 Workers park van over three parking spaces at Morrisons
- 06:32 Spy-cam van patrols past school BEFORE parents break parking rules
- 06:32 Drivers say a complete ring road for Lincoln 'can't come soon enough'
- 06:31 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:31 Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism,...
- 06:28 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 06:28 ‘Drug den’ in Spalding town centre disabled loo
- 06:28 'Unsafe' care home in Leek threatened with closure if drastic...
- 06:28 New escape rooms to open in Hanley
- 06:28 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:28 MP’s calls for link road action falls on deaf ears