Philippines finance minister eyes Chinese investment, dismisses U.S. flap
Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte will seek billions of dollars in infrastructure investments from China in the coming months as the country seeks to alter its relationship with Beijing, Philippines Finance Minister Carlos Dominguez said on Saturday.
In an interview with Reuters, Dominguez dismissed concerns over the Philippines' investment climate raised by Duterte's blunt anti-U.S. statements and a war on drug cartels that has killed thousands.
He described Duterte's recent comments telling U.S. President Barack Obama to "go to hell," as a "bump in the road" in a... read more
- 11:24 West Cumbrian criminal damage investigated by police
- 11:24 Elderly are up to speed with web
- 11:23 Trinity bosses offer to step down from trust to ensure £10m stadium...
- 11:23 Halifax child sex offender jailed for historic offences
- 11:22 Charger sparks blaze at Barrow home
- 11:22 Cannabis factories uncovered in Conwy as five arrested in drug...
- 11:21 Racially abusive man insulted and threatened emergency call handlers
- 11:21 Take a trip back to the year you were born
- 11:21 Pound v New Zealand dollar: GBP down against NZD despite narrowing...
- 11:21 Pound V euro: GBP uneasy against EUR ahead of Bank of England...
- 11:20 Residents of flagship Birmingham new centre tower block 'SAFE' from...
- 11:20 First pictures inside Manchester Arena surface as Prince Charles...
- 11:20 West Brom transfers: The latest on Jay Rodriguez
- 11:20 Traffic disruption in Spalding as water pipe bursts
- 11:20 Man in 'serious condition' after 20ft scaffolding fall in Chellaston
- 11:19 G20 watchdog says fintech doesn't pose threat to financial stability
- 11:19 London celebrity haunt The Ivy is opening on Temple Row in Birmingham
- 11:19 Remembrance Centre longlisted for RIBA Stirling Prize
- 11:19 Developers plan 800 new homes for Birmingham regeneration site
- 11:19 Heavy goods drivers suspended for mobile phone use
- 11:19 Reality Check: Your Brexit deal questions answered
- 11:18 Leamington Carnival will include a parade after successful appeal
- 11:18 Heavy goods drivers suspended for mobile phone use
- 11:17 Kind Irene steps forward
- 11:17 Take a trip back to the year you were born
- 11:16 Channel 4 scraps Host the Week after one episode
- 11:16 WEATHER ALERT: Rain warning issued for Notts
- 11:16 Take a trip back to the year you were born
- 11:16 Sprinklers will be installed at Northampton flat block following...
- 11:16 Manchester United ready to pay £40m for Radja Nainggolan - report