Philippine-U.S. war games under way as doubts hang over alliance
The Philippines and the United States launched annual joint military exercises on Tuesday, barely a week after the new president in Manila said they would be the last.
President Rodrigo Duterte has angrily rejected U.S. concerns over the bloody war on drugs he has launched since coming to office in June. His frequent tirades have thrown into question one of Washington's most important alliances in Asia.
However, the annual amphibious landing exercises between the Philippines military and U.S. Marines were to take place as planned in the northern island of Luzon on Tuesday. U.S. and... read more
- 13:15 Hospice of the Good Shepherd has a brand new Skoda up for grabs
- 13:15 How to keep your EU citizenship rights after Brexit
- 13:15 easyJet flight made emergency landing after two women had a midair...
- 13:14 Doncaster factory workers get on their bikes for 110 mile charity...
- 13:14 Vote for your top curry house in Harrogate
- 13:12 The silence of stillbirth
- 13:12 Southern rail: Report into disruption is 'attack on staff'
- 13:12 Family of Finsbury Park attack victim say he lived life...
- 13:12 Phillip Schofield SNAPS at Trinny Woodall over THIS shock comment…
- 13:12 Peter Vincenti 'delighted' to sign for Coventry City from Rochdale
- 13:11 Investigation under way after burglary at Harrogate store
- 13:10 Appeal following theft of trailer
- 13:10 ‘How is the man I saved on the beach?’
- 13:09 Fun and games are in store at this year’s Greenlaw Festival
- 13:09 U.N. blames warring sides for Yemen's "man-made" cholera "catastrophe"
- 13:09 Iconic Cumbrian common leased to trust.
- 13:07 Barcelona reject Manchester United's offer for Andre Gomes -...
- 13:07 Campaigners win latest battle in High Court to stop Catesby's...
- 13:07 The heatwave is over - so when is it going to rain in Leicester?
- 13:07 Watch Leicester kids tell off selfish and dangerous drivers outside...
- 13:07 Brave Uppingham mum who raised thousands for brain tumour charity...
- 13:06 On set with the stars of BBC TV's hit drama The A Word
- 13:06 Survey reveals Warwickshire adults lost £9 million to cyber crime
- 13:06 Woman injured after crash in Morecambe
- 13:06 Space trip for Banbury Space Studio pupils
- 13:05 Armed police search house after reports of man with a gun - only to...
- 13:05 Newcastle West End's notorious Noble Street flats 40 years ago -...
- 13:04 Manchester United consider offers for Adnan Januzaj: Real Sociedad...
- 13:03 Phillip Schofield weighs in on Queen’s hat debate: 'What IS her...
- 13:03 Countdown to Adlington Carnival