Philippe Coutinho named in Liverpool Champions League squad despite Brazilian asking for Barcelona transfer over the summer
Philippe Coutinho has been named in Liverpool's Champions League squad as they await his return from international duty in Brazil.
Jurgen Klopp may have had to contend with Coutinho stating his desire to play for Barcelona but Liverpool's manager has included him in his 25-man party for the Champions League, which starts on September 13 with an Anfield fixture against Sevilla.
The midfielder, whose future has dominated Anfield's news agenda for the past six weeks, is set to figure for Brazil against Columbia on Tuesday, having scored for his country last Thursday - his first match since... read more
- 00:34 Glasgow Airport appeal over lost soft toys
- 00:34 Joe Rogan breaks down exactly how Cody Garbrandt dominated Dominick...
- 00:32 Sunderland name starting lineup with more Everton appearances than...
- 00:31 Cumbria police's child protection 'significantly improved'
- 00:31 Innovative Furness College sport project secures funding
- 00:28 Junior football: Two wins on the spin gives Rutherglen Glencairn...
- 00:27 Crystal Palace star man Wilfried Zaha stays sharp with extra...
- 00:27 Suffering with eczema? Your daily shower or bath might be to blame
- 00:25 EastEnders spoilers: Kat and Alfie Moon for big Walford return as...
- 00:23 Man Utd star Marcus Rashford is as good as Kylian Mbappe - Phil...
- 00:23 Antonio Conte talks David Luiz injury suffered v Arsenal: He’ll be...
- 00:22 New York bomber was not operating as a 'lone wolf’, warns...
- 00:20 How do you like your wine – with a cork or screw-cap?
- 00:20 Nine million people still make or receive calls while driving
- 00:20 Consumers told to stop buying 'fire-risk' fridges
- 00:20 Ryanair pilots reject bonus to work through cancellation crisis
- 00:16 Third generation joins Lake District holiday firm
- 00:13 Giselle: Akram Khan transforms
- 00:11 Judge puts Brum bin worker cuts on the scrapheap
- 00:09 Scintillating recall of fighting racism on Bristol busses
- 00:09 A wonderful revival of Wilder’s moving tale
- 00:09 The guardian Angel of Kobane
- 00:09 Uefa boss calls for a fair football business
- 00:10 Everton FC draw Chelsea away and Manchester United travel to...
- 00:09 Yarnold sad to see bobsleigh talent go to waste
- 00:09 Sampson given the boot from top job
- 00:09 The hellish ordeal of the ‘DWP experience’
- 00:09 Die Linke women to the fore
- 00:09 The rich look down their noses at the poor
- 00:09 Birmingham council should end this sorry charade now