Person cut out of car in serious road traffic accident
Emergency services were called to the scene of a serious crash near Liverpool city centre this afternoon.
A person had to be cut free from a black car in Brunswick Road, close to the junction with Low Hill.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were at the scene of the incident.
According to a witness, emergency services spent at least 15 minutes getting someone out of the car by cutting away the rooftop and sides of the vehicle.
The accident blocked off Brunswick Road, which is a busy route for traffic heading towards the city centre, Kensington and Edge Lane.
The road was cleared by just after... read more
- 09:35 LIVE: Wednesday's Preston North End news - Aston Villa reaction and...
- 09:34 'Affordable' housing in Bilton: new meeting announced
- 09:34 Leeds Rag Fashion Show: A Time.less display of creativity and energy
- 09:34 Chelsea star Eden Hazard talks Barcelona tactics and makes Lionel...
- 09:33 Junior doctor knocked over woman on Sunderland crossing
- 09:33 Troy: Fall of a City: Who was the Greek hero Agamemnon?
- 09:33 Back off! Hungary votes AGAINST Euro Commission as it tries to...
- 09:32 Meeting to make decision on proposals to reduce size of Lichfield...
- 09:32 Warwick primary school pupils get a helping hand planting spring bulbs
- 09:32 Weather: 'BEAST FROM THE EAST' to freeze Yorkshire next week
- 09:31 Netanyahu aide agrees to implicate PM over corruption claims – reports
- 09:31 Lake District zip-wire plans abandoned after protests
- 09:31 Pound to euro exchange rate: Brexit report drives sterling higher
- 09:31 Breaking: Fire crews in attendance at Mablethorpe house fire
- 09:30 Doncaster octogenarian’s royal appointment in recognition of...
- 09:30 Leeds Rag Fashion Show: A Time.less display of creativity and energy
- 09:29 The prolific Newcastle United striker whose name is so often...
- 09:29 Knifeman who sparked a stand-off with armed police at his Hebburn...
- 09:28 Steve Bruce's verdict on Lewis Grabban - the full Aston Villa press...
- 09:28 Every word Steve Cotterill had to say after Birmingham City were...
- 09:28 Man hurt as car ends up in Doncaster ditch
- 09:28 Barratt considers shifting production from Germany to UK
- 09:28 Four injured in Doncaster motorway crash
- 09:27 Value our inspirational teachers
- 09:26 Crooks backing old pal van Veen to be a big hit at Cobblers
- 09:26 Blaze at glass recycling plant in South Kirkby near Pontefract
- 09:25 Wraps come off new BMW X4
- 09:25 Body found in middle of M20 motorway closes road
- 09:25 Chelsea News: Hazard talks Barcelona draw, Courtois' Real Madrid...
- 09:25 Police find cannabis bush worth £4,000 in house raid in Sheffield