Person cut free from wreckage after car left the road near Melton
Firefighters had to free someone from the wreckage after a car left the road and ended up in a ditch near Melton yesterday (Sunday).
The injured person and another casualty were taken to Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham following the incident - a collision between two vehicles on the A6006 at Shoby.
The road was closed for several hours in the wake of the accident, which happened around 12.14pm.
Fire crews from Melton and Loughborough attended the scene.
A spokesperson for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said: “This was a road traffic collision involving two cars.
“One car had... read more
- 17:12 Swedish reporter attempts to troll Germany star Sami Khedira –...
- 17:12 Silence deafening over future of Blackpool hotel
- 17:11 Ahoy musical raises money for cancer charity
- 17:10 Roland Rudd's driver questioned in insider dealing inquiry
- 17:10 Cook and Endeavour murals now restored
- 17:10 Fire at former care home in Beverley - live updates
- 17:10 Couple assist Second World War veterans during Normandy visit
- 17:09 Harrogate leads UK with new cancer treatment school
- 17:09 Bradford police investigating after man in van 'pulled up and asked...
- 17:09 Big stars, little interest: when movie heavyweights fizzle on TV
- 17:09 Almost 60 firefighters battling huge blaze below block of London flats
- 17:09 ‘Gaming disorder’ is not real and addiction claims are based on...
- 17:09 Sex shop raiders stole money and punched member of staff
- 17:09 Robbers also targeted store and bingo hall in crimewave
- 17:08 Barrow needs to be safer for cyclists, top cop says
- 17:08 Health bosses pushing ahead with hospital service reforms
- 17:08 Ulverston and Broughton make the list of 10 best market towns in...
- 17:08 Yulin dog meat festival in pictures: Shocking pictures show...
- 17:07 Sex shop raiders stole money and punched member of staff
- 17:07 Robbers also targeted store and bingo hall in crimewave
- 17:07 Screen time harm to children is unproven, say experts
- 17:06 Durham Miners’ Gala 2018: Everything you need to know about this...
- 17:06 Health bosses pushing ahead with hospital service reforms
- 17:05 Ancient fermentation process - something to tickle everyone's taste...
- 17:05 Callebaut 'chocolate legend' passes away
- 17:05 They’re all gold - and silver and bronze!
- 17:04 Clean Air Day: How can we protect ourselves from pollution when...
- 17:03 Durham Miners’ Gala 2018: Everything you need to know about this...
- 17:03 Harrogate leads UK with new cancer treatment school
- 17:02 Durham Miners’ Gala 2018: Everything you need to know about this...