Perseid meteor shower: When and how you can see it on Teesside this week
Katie Lunn/Evening Gazette Our skies are going to be lit up over the next few days with some stunning meteor showers, but only if the weather stays clear.
The meteoric event happens every August, as the Earth comes into debris left behind by the comet Swift-Tuttle, which last passed close by the Earth back in 1992.
When can I see it? This year, the meteors have been visible from July 17, with the peak of the cosmic event taking place on August 12.
Early forecasts for Friday show that while it will be partially cloudy, visibility should be very good.
So you'll be in for a good display if you... read more
- 10:59 Pendle charity concert set to be night to remember
- 10:59 Former hostage writes to Padiham children studying his story
- 10:59 Lewis Hamilton gets behind the wheel with Billy Monger at...
- 10:59 University lecturers begin strike action over pensions
- 10:59 Eurozone 'euphoria' ends as confidence in German business falls
- 10:59 Yannick Bolasie freestyles about 17 of his Everton team-mates with...
- 10:59 New Belper micropub plans submitted to Amber Valley Borough Council
- 10:59 They've done it! Harrogate friends complete epic trek across the...
- 10:58 This is what happened when Shrek and Princess Fiona went shopping...
- 10:58 Who is Graham Potter? A lowdown on the rising coach plotting to...
- 10:58 Ex-Liverpool star Dietmar Hamann slams ’embarrassing’ Manchester...
- 10:58 You may never want to poo again after watching this rat vanish down...
- 10:58 New health trust roadshows
- 10:57 High blood pressure symptoms - eating avocado can help lower...
- 10:56 Fortnite version 3.0 patch notes REVEALED: Season 3 Battle Pass...
- 10:55 Phillip Schofield SNAPS at former UKIP leader in heated spat: ‘Are...
- 10:54 Police chief’s vow after crime stats rise
- 10:54 Relationship breakdown can hit your health
- 10:54 Which universities will be affected by strike action this month?
- 10:53 Benefits cheat stole £50,000 in tax credits while working for HMRC
- 10:53 Which universities will be affected by strike action this month?
- 10:53 How you can help save a chicken from slaughter
- 10:53 Health chiefs warn asthma sufferers over recall of inhalers
- 10:53 Award-winning Leicestershire property consultancy makes two key...
- 10:53 Winter Olympics 2018: North Korea's General Kim Yong-chol to attend
- 10:52 British Gas owner Centrica to slash 4,000 jobs 'mostly in the UK'...
- 10:51 Update for Harrogate Town fans on progress of club's major...
- 10:50 REV RON GREENALL: Tall stories from Lancashire but always true
- 10:50 Queen of the South keeper crisis after goalie hurt by cow
- 10:49 EU rules out UK's preferred approach to future trade deal