People urged to open up their homes and their lives to others
Shared Lives is an initiative run by Cumbria County Council which helps provide respite, day support and long-term care to adults.
In order to run smoothly, a strong team of volunteers is needed. They are required to open up their homes and lives in order to help service users to live their life to the full.
Lisa Quayle is the supervisor for south Cumbria. She said: "You don't need a caring background, you can be from any walk of life.
"You just need to be committed and have compassion, patience and a spare room and be willing to be open and open your life up to another.
"We... read more
- 15:04 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 15:04 Business forum is set to be launched
- 15:02 Hesketh Bank GP to move into portable cabin
- 15:01 Burton Hospital bingo session announced
- 15:01 Police investigating reported rape of a man in Rotherham
- 15:01 The virtual reality girlfriends you can FEEL: Cyber dating...
- 15:01 Japan announces plans to put a man on the moon by 2030 as 'Asian...
- 15:01 VOTE: Derbyshire still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 15:01 Elon Musk reveals his 'Godot' machine has started tunnelling...
- 15:01 Turn your entire DESK into a touchscreen: Projector screws in like...
- 15:01 You are entitled to three types of breaks at work: Here's the law
- 15:01 Californian pizzeria delivers piping hot pies to your door in FOUR...
- 15:01 S&P, Dow set to open slightly higher as banks get Fed boost
- 15:00 Walgreens scraps Rite Aid takeover, to buy half its stores
- 15:00 Plea from charity for volunteers in Melton to help the elderly
- 15:00 NEWSFLASH: Last night’s Melton school fire was started deliberately
- 14:58 Harry 9, beats thousands in Top Trump championship bid
- 14:58 How Flintshire BGT stars Richard and Adam 'achieved the impossible...
- 14:58 On the Fiddle for charity match at Wragby
- 14:58 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 14:58 Learn to save a life in minutes in Woodhall Spa
- 14:57 Sony to start producing vinyl records again 30 years after ditching...
- 14:56 BBC documentary on Rochdale grooming scandal claims GMP knew about...
- 14:55 Liverpool renew interest in Hull defender Andy Robertson after...
- 14:55 Neighbours spoiler: Finn Kelly’s horrifying BABY BOMBSHELL rocks...
- 14:55 Nigel Benn vs Steve Collins rematch 'unlikely' as British Boxing...
- 14:55 Katy Dunne sees Wimbledon hopes crash to an end with defeat by...
- 14:54 Police raid Liverpool homes in sex workers raids
- 14:54 VOTE: Derbyshire still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 14:54 Meet the couple who shunned long days in the office and hit the...