People have been bidding £65,000 for an ‘upside down’ £5 note
Mike Harris thought he was taking the piss when he put an ‘upside down’ £5 note on eBay.
These tiny dogs are not scared of a huge grizzly bear But the 54-year-old didn’t quite take into account that this is 2016 and spending outrageous sums on a fiver is very much in vogue.
Indeed, the craze has built up into such a frenzy that people are even placing ironic bids on rare notes because, let’s face it, that’s the world we live in.
Case in point being Mike’s clearly prank eBay listing which was selling for £65,000 off over 60 bids.
The Navy veteran, from Cwmbran in Wales, had put the ‘rare... read more
- 15:42 Birmingham restaurant's polite note after 20 people fail to show...
- 15:42 Parked vehicles delay fire engine attending emergency
- 15:42 WATCH: Delivery driver called "f*****ing immigrant" in road rage...
- 15:42 Paul Hollywood says he looks like Game Of Thrones' Night King
- 15:42 Aston Villa owner Tony Xia provides a transfer news update
- 15:41 WALL STREET WARNING: The three reasons the US stock market could be...
- 15:41 Chelsea fans should forget about Man Utd new boy Matic, Bakayoko is...
- 15:40 Vandals damage 19 cars in three weeks during 'mindless' crime spree
- 15:40 Teen shoplifter back in court after stealing from a Barrow home
- 15:39 Firefighters called to derelict Cumbria factory site
- 15:39 Local bin collections set to be suspended for a day as Tour of...
- 15:38 Metropolitan Police tweet sparks social media backlash
- 15:37 Wayne Rooney takes swipe at Man City with message for Manchester...
- 15:37 Liverpool v Arsenal: Arsene Wenger's side must win at Anfield -...
- 15:37 Barcelona transfer news: Barcelona plot shock move to hijack...
- 15:37 Floyd Mayweather eating BURGERS just days before Conor McGregor fight
- 15:37 Wayne Rooney will return to England if he keeps up the good work -...
- 15:37 Live: Large police presence in New Basford
- 15:36 Geoffrey Boycott says sorry for 'unacceptable' knighthood joke
- 15:36 Boy finds a five-leaf clover after searching for three seconds
- 15:36 Man blackmails teacher who wanted to see woman have sex with a dog
- 15:36 Is this yours? Police want to trace handbag owner after burglary
- 15:35 Geoffrey Boycott says sorry for 'unacceptable' knighthood joke
- 15:33 Geoffrey Boycott says sorry for 'unacceptable' knighthood joke
- 15:32 Four tonnes of Ferrero Rocher worth £96,000 stolen from lorry
- 15:32 From 'pregnant' tummy to flat abs: Super-fit Chloe Madeley reveals...
- 15:31 Ford is offering drivers £7k off new cars in exchange for ANY old...
- 15:30 'Pitman painter' forger Richard Pearson ordered to pay £1
- 15:27 Rivaldo Coetzee sold on Celtic move by Champions League chance
- 15:27 Would-be rapist held terrified woman at knifepoint in...