Pensioner with dementia walks 8km for research into his condition
An 80-year-old man with dementia has walked 8km to raise money for reseach into the illness.
Carel Quaife, a resident at Scalford Court in Melton, took part in the Memory Walk nationwide fundraiser organised by the Alzheimer’s Society.
He was accompanied by Suzanne Parker, a night time leader at the care home, on a walk organised at Abbey Park in Leicester. They raised around £280 for the cause.
Scalford Court director Mave McLaughlin said: “I’m very proud of them both for doing this walk.
“I have been in the care home industry since 1983 and this is the first time I’ve been aware of any... read more
- 00:38 Dancing with the BOTS: Bizarre mechanical instructor can guide and...
- 00:38 Comedy for breakfast, thrillers at dinner and documentaries for a...
- 00:38 The end of trips to the optician? Warby Parker reveals app that can...
- 00:38 The X-37b's big brother gets the go ahead: Boeing to build XS-1...
- 00:37 U.S. warship sails within 12 miles of China-claimed reef
- 00:34 Jose Mourinho shuts down question on Antoine Griezmann after...
- 00:34 Unique Cumbrian trees take centre stage in forest exhibition
- 00:33 Conor McGregor 'may never fight again' - UFC president Dana White
- 00:31 Rufus Hound hit with backlash over his Manchester terror...
- 00:31 M&S rides storm after clothing sales setback
- 00:31 City news: Ineos, RBS, Britain's car industry, Screwfix
- 00:29 Fly to the US for less than £100 as low-cost airline opens new...
- 00:28 Donations flood in for homeless heroes
- 00:25 The sex slaves of al-Shabab
- 00:23 Manchester attack: Everything we know about suicide bomber Salman...
- 00:22 Found at scene in Manchester: Detonator, Shrapnel and battery
- 00:22 Watch Europa League final highlights after Manchester United beat Ajax
- 00:22 Tiger Woods determined to play golf again but admits he faces at...
- 00:21 Here is everything we know so far about the Manchester tragedy
- 00:20 Manchester terror attack: Nuneaton property raided and man arrested
- 00:19 Churches and police join forces to help most vulnerable in Cumbria
- 00:18 Call for Leeds rail passengers to help protect vulnerable children
- 00:18 Drinking coffee may have protective effect against liver cancer,...
- 00:18 Patrick Mercer: Terrorism – we must protect those who protect us
- 00:18 YP Comment: Standing up to the forces of evil. Soldiers in a show...
- 00:17 Jose Mourinho: This striker could be at Manchester United next season
- 00:17 Manchester United told to go on epic spending spree: They need four...
- 00:16 The staggering number of abusive tweets sent to MPs
- 00:10 Last night's TV reviewed: Fair cops a force for good
- 00:10 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set to name shock inclusion for Chelsea...