Pensioner hit by bus in Skegness is named locally
A pensioner who was hit by a bus on a busy Lincolnshire road has been named locally.
Malcolm Sykes, 78, is still being treated after sustaining serious injuries when he was hit by a Stagecoach bus on Lumley Road in Skegness.
Police, the fire service and air ambulance were scrambled to Lumley Road at lunch time on Monday, October 10.
READ MORE: "He's like family" - Concern for injured Skegness man hit by bus
A bar worker at the Marine Boat House Bar in Lumley Road said Mr Sykes is a regular.
They said: "He is well known. He is in here every day – he's like family.
Another... read more
- 01:28 German SPD chief Gabriel makes way for Schulz to run against Merkel
- 01:19 Government loses Supreme Court Brexit battle
- 01:16 Blackpool defendant told court he is dying
- 01:15 Tomorrow's Cities: What can be done to improve air quality?
- 01:12 Exclusive: Keysight Technologies explores acquisition of Ixia: sources
- 01:12 Seagate forecasts third-quarter revenue above estimates
- 01:12 U.S. agency calls for safer lithium-ion batteries after Samsung fires
- 01:05 Is Sean Spicer's chewing gum habit dangerous? Press secretary...
- 01:04 Asia stocks set to rise on U.S. cues; dollar bounces
- 01:00 Partick Thistle sign Martin Keown's son Niall on loan from Reading...
- 01:00 Southampton increase offer to £14m for Napoli striker Manolo...
- 01:00 Updated: Bird flu confirmed at farm in Lancashire, 10,000 pheasants...
- 00:57 Stratford Town suffer late heartbreak against St Ives
- 00:55 Former Ferrari chief Ross Brawn calls for simpler Formula One...
- 00:55 Diego Costa joins table-toppers for team dinner as Chelsea bond...
- 00:54 Knights of Malta head resigns after dispute with Vatican -...
- 00:50 PepsiCo using Super Bowl to launch new premium water brand
- 00:49 Campaign to clean up landmark Leeds city centre bridge
- 00:48 Arsenal squad enjoy evening out following heroics against...
- 00:45 Chelsea legend sends stern warning to Diego Costa: He must not...
- 00:45 Notts County owner: This is what saw John Sheridan lose his job
- 00:45 EastEnders spoilers: Mick Carter is enraged with Aunt Babe again as...
- 00:43 Personality linked to 'differences in brain structure'
- 00:42 Proof that women ARE better multi-taskers: Scientists discover...
- 00:42 Are mushrooms the anti-Alzheimer's superfood? Scientists think so!
- 00:40 Minister condemns vandalism at Argentine war cemetery on...
- 00:40 Distrust of politicians helped fuel Brexit vote, report finds
- 00:40 Take up tai chi or carry your shopping to reduce falls, older...
- 00:40 Stomach bug epidemic blamed on overuse of antibiotics
- 00:40 Moody, agreeable or creative? It's linked to the shape of...