Pensioner died ‘after nurse gave her Flash cleaning fluid instead of orange juice’
An elderly woman is believed to have died when a nurse accidentally gave her Flash cleaning fluid to drink rather than orange juice.
The health worker allegedly added water to a plastic jug she thought had undiluted squash in it.
According to a source, she then gave them to the 85-year-old woman who drank it because she had dementia.
Though the woman attempted to cough it up, she wasn’t able to and the liquid triggered a heart attack following the incident on September 23.
She died a week later at the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton.
A whistleblower told The Sun: ‘The nurse... read more
- 10:06 Fantasy Football Tips: Transfers, captains and bargains - Gameweek...
- 10:05 Acting up: top tips on how to ace your drama school audition
- 10:04 British Airways owner IAG's profits soar 19% as it forecasts an...
- 10:04 Brave Wigan dad undergoes heart transplant surgery
- 10:04 M&S reveals it will open next month
- 10:02 A week of freezing nights as weather across Harborough district...
- 10:02 Safes stolen in Harborough shop raid
- 10:02 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 10:02 Moira Co-op store targeted for the second time in 11 days
- 10:01 Villa Park's public enemies - the people Aston Villa fans love to hate
- 10:01 Watch Steve Bruce's press conference LIVE ahead of Aston Villa's...
- 10:01 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 10:00 Patients in Northamptonshire urged to use NHS services wisely to...
- 10:00 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:59 Winter Olympics 2018: Ivanka Trump arrives for closing ceremony
- 09:59 Teenage thug smashed former teacher's face 'like crushed...
- 09:59 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:59 Car stolen in Blackpool while owner de-iced vehicle
- 09:58 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:58 Collecting the history of Sheffield society at museums store
- 09:58 Bound for what? Meet the three men trying to save Impact Wrestling
- 09:58 The best golf courses in Lancashire
- 09:58 Environment fears over Scottish independence rally on Ben Nevis
- 09:57 Far-right group terror suspect arrest in Lincoln
- 09:57 Camden stabbings: Murders linked as teenager arrested
- 09:57 The best golf courses in Lancashire
- 09:57 New scheme to help reduce plastic wate could be coming to Leamington
- 09:56 Gucci declares that the next hot trends are third eyes and holding...
- 09:56 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:56 Cleary's boxer Ansell on the right path