Pension savers left to fend for themselves, says TUC
More than 300,000 pension savers a year are being left to fend for themselves when they retire, says the TUC.
It claims that over 80% of people using their pension pot to buy a retirement income get no proper advice about it.
The TUC is basing its figures on what happened in the year following the pension "freedoms", first introduced in April 2015.
However the government said free help was available from the Pensions Advisory Service, and Pension Wise.
In its analysis, the TUC said no one who withdrew a cash lump sum from their pension in 2015/16 got professional financial... read more
- 02:35 Indian government wants Apple, but not all officials are biting
- 02:34 Appeal for help to find former Doncaster woman
- 02:27 Leader of Australia's biggest state economy quits politics
- 02:26 Blake’s concern over Powerhouse “shift”
- 02:20 Tina & Bobby: The real golden couple – in pictures
- 02:19 Memphis Depay to Lyon: Man United winger pictured on arrival as...
- 02:19 Australian Open: Brit Kyle Edmund crashes out in straight sets to...
- 02:17 Toshiba shares slump on reports of U.S. nuclear business loss
- 02:17 Banks face talent crisis amid mounting costs of employee turnover -...
- 02:14 OSCE report cites concerns about U.S. electoral system - German media
- 02:14 Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz III will happen - Joe Rogan
- 02:14 British Tennis ace Dan Evans reveals worries during stunning...
- 02:10 Kyle Edmund crashes out of Australian Open after second-round...
- 02:07 Germany says boosting defence spending, demands clear U.S. agenda
- 02:00 China says police and judges need absolute loyalty to party
- 01:53 NHS staff shortages: Why so persistent?
- 01:53 The man correcting stories about Muslims
- 01:51 UPDATE: Police have formally identified teenage girl
- 01:50 Sedentary lifestyle in older women 'ages body cells'
- 01:49 Australian Open: Brit Johanna Konta picks off Naomi Osaka to reach...
- 01:45 Eddie Jones undecided on whether Dylan Hartley will lead England at...
- 01:44 Johanna Konta overcomes Naomi Osaka as Karolina Pliskova charges...
- 01:39 Australia Day campaign raises A$100,000 to replace billboard
- 01:34 Johanna Konta surges into round three of the Australian Open with a...
- 01:34 Worry over severity of WP Nel's neck injury that could keep...
- 01:24 Arsenal captain Per Mertesacker has been integral to Shkodran...
- 01:24 Mike Tyson releases diss track targeting Floyd Mayweather and...
- 01:23 Gambia's President Jammeh refuses to leave office as deadline passes
- 01:21 Manchester United star Anthony Martial was a huge fan of Ronaldo...
- 01:12 Robotic sleeve 'hugs' failing hearts