Pension savers left to fend for themselves, says TUC
More than 300,000 pension savers a year are being left to fend for themselves when they retire, says the TUC.
It claims that over 80% of people using their pension pot to buy a retirement income get no proper advice about it.
The TUC is basing its figures on what happened in the year following the pension "freedoms", first introduced in April 2015.
However the government said free help was available from the Pensions Advisory Service, and Pension Wise.
In its analysis, the TUC said no one who withdrew a cash lump sum from their pension in 2015/16 got professional financial... read more
- 17:36 Donald Trump will meet the Queen during UK visit
- 17:35 Caroline Verdon: Who has time to be a perfect ‘Pinterest mum’?
- 17:35 Leeds rush hour bicycle ride for Clean Air Day
- 17:34 Liverpool chief offers huge update on Anfield redevelopment
- 17:33 'Calamity of utter failures' on Northern network slammed by...
- 17:33 Search for lost daughter named in will
- 17:33 Wasps, Bath, Toulouse and Leinster in Heineken Champions Cup pool...
- 17:33 Remains of “ancient wolf” found in Highland peat bog
- 17:33 Glasgow unveils 4000-strong volunteer team for 2018 Euro Championships
- 17:30 Burger King sorry for Whopper offer to women who get pregnant by...
- 17:30 Heroin dealer's 'soft' sentence increased
- 17:29 Tesla sues former worker for hacking
- 17:28 Gosport hospital deaths: families condemn 'scandalous' failings
- 17:28 Donald Trump says he’s going to ‘sign something’ to keep immigrant...
- 17:27 Family pay tribute to "wonderful" man who died in Coventry crash
- 17:27 Mentally ill people are struggling with debt
- 17:25 Teenager is the EIGHTH person arrested in connection with Miguel...
- 17:25 Three in court after man shot in the leg during street row
- 17:24 Leeds rush hour bicycle ride for Clean Air Day
- 17:24 Watch: Shocking moment police deal with men collapsed in suspected...
- 17:24 SNP warns over UK’s future in event of ‘cliff edge’ Brexit
- 17:23 Fox cub rescued with vegetable oil after getting head stuck in...
- 17:23 Anger after anti-fracking banners are removed near Fylde drill site
- 17:23 Blackpool academies on Government high pay hit list
- 17:23 Fylde Language firm's sales rise
- 17:23 Fylde energy firm in trading update
- 17:22 BEM presentation to coach Peter Hardie
- 17:21 Hundreds of public buildings in the north west sold 'to fill budgets'
- 17:20 Here's how Liverpool fans have reacted to Jack Grealish transfer...
- 17:21 Victims of scams have money returned from heartless thieves