Pension exit fee cap confirmed at 1% by regulator
Early exit charges for people taking money out of their pension pots will be capped at 1%, the financial regulator has confirmed.
The new rules will affect anyone taking money out of a defined contribution scheme from 1 April 2017.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) said providers who already charge less than 1% will not be allowed to raise their fees.
Those taking out new pension contracts will face no early exit charge at all.
"People eligible for the government's pension reforms should feel able to access them as they wish," said Christopher Woolard, executive director of... read more
- 14:04 Clinton fan's 'Pantsuit Drive' for homeless job seekers
- 14:03 Is Mablethorpe woman the oldest in the world with Down Syndrome at 81?
- 14:03 Louth Tractors set to support Air Ambulance
- 14:03 Sufferers of schizophrenia 'may have a treatable immune disorder'...
- 14:03 Refusing to give IVF to couples who are struggling to conceive is...
- 14:03 Ex-football coach Jim McCafferty in court on child sex charge
- 14:03 Warning over speeding ticket email scam
- 14:03 Rare 17th Century cello loaned to teenager for life
- 14:02 Pundit on Sergio Aguero: If he was Diego Costa, people would have...
- 14:02 Britain’s best takeaway is a fried chicken shop in Luton
- 14:01 Staffordshire Police rated 'good' following inspection by HMIC
- 14:01 QMC issues second 'black alert' of winter following 'unprecedented'...
- 13:58 Watch moment callous thief stole Poppy Appeal tin from Loughborough...
- 13:57 MP moves colleagues to tears after revealing she was raped at 14
- 13:56 Wild child Kendall Jenner turns heads in leopard print fur coat and...
- 13:56 Did Amanda Seyfried just confirm she's having a boy? Pregnant...
- 13:56 'He's happy to see me unhappy': Dermot O'Leary reveals he clashed...
- 13:56 100 Women 2016: Russia's female role models across the divide
- 13:56 Over 400 claims of police abusing power for sexual gain in two...
- 13:56 Warning over speeding ticket email scam
- 13:56 Make-up free Margot Robbie flaunts her slim pins in a boho...
- 13:56 Santa Paws 2016: Meet some of your festive friends
- 13:56 Sofia Vergara: US actress faces lawsuit 'from own embryos'
- 13:56 Middle class bread wars: Gail’s opens next to Le Pain Quotidien
- 13:55 Craig Kieswetter hoping to earn a place on golf's European Tour...
- 13:55 Warning over speeding ticket email scam
- 13:55 REVEALED: Arsenal are most likely to face nightmare draw against...
- 13:55 Song for Christmas: Police safety message top of the cops!
- 13:55 MP reveals she’s been raped in emotional speech to Parliament
- 13:55 Michelle Thomson’s rape survivor story moves MPs to tears