Pension exit fee cap confirmed at 1% by regulator
Early exit charges for people taking money out of their pension pots will be capped at 1%, the financial regulator has confirmed.
The new rules will affect anyone taking money out of a defined contribution scheme from 1 April 2017.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) said providers who already charge less than 1% will not be allowed to raise their fees.
Those taking out new pension contracts will face no early exit charge at all.
"People eligible for the government's pension reforms should feel able to access them as they wish," said Christopher Woolard, executive director of... read more
- 13:57 Watch: Drugs raid and police crackdown sees four arrested across...
- 13:57 Karen completes charity challenge to swim length of English Channel...
- 13:56 More ‘smart motorway’ work to begin next week
- 13:56 Did robbery victim bang on your car window?
- 13:56 Stockport County v Tamworth: Players and fans are urged to believe
- 13:55 More ‘smart motorway’ work to begin next week
- 13:54 Westminster terror attack: Police make two more 'significant' arrests
- 13:54 Woman robbed by man holding a jagged metal can
- 13:53 Syrian SDF forces reach Tabqa dam-Raqqa campaign spokeswoman
- 13:53 Syria's Ja'afari says U.S. action on Raqqa would be illegitimate
- 13:53 Flowers for fallen hero
- 13:53 Watch: Slideshow of your Hartlepool Red Nose Day pictures.
- 13:53 Aberdeen legend Mark McGhee hailed by Minecraft guru after creating...
- 13:52 Redrow Homes loses bid to build 170 homes in Newport
- 13:52 Did robbery victim bang on your car window?
- 13:52 Fancy a free Domino's pizza this weekend? Here's how you can get one
- 13:52 Warning: Pupils urged not to approach 2 men in white van near...
- 13:51 Iceland owner ditches London market move over Brexit
- 13:51 Children's charity praises victim who came forward decade after...
- 13:50 Video: Do you recognise burglars who targeted Hull business?
- 13:50 Brexit: What would 'no deal' look like?
- 13:49 Westminster terror attack: Police make two more 'significant' arrests
- 13:47 DRAMATIC DASHCAM VIDEO: Sheffield man shocked at road rage...
- 13:47 BREAKING: Sheffield murder victim named as young dad
- 13:47 Britain ‘will be hotter than Madrid’ this weekend
- 13:47 UAE says surprised by U.S. laptop ban but will cooperate
- 13:46 REVEALED: The East Midlands’ favourite beauty spots
- 13:45 Shaun Walmsley hunt sees three arrested
- 13:45 ‘Say cheese!’ - this one is supporting Skegness Carnival
- 13:45 Food startup Eatsa sued for not making kiosks accessible to blind