Pebble smartwatch users fear 'Fitbit takeover'
Users of smartwatch pioneer Pebble have expressed concern about reports it is a takeover target for Fitbit.
According to several reports, the fitness tracking company is offering about $40m (£31m) and the deal could see the Pebble brand disappear.
Analysts said that although Pebble has a "dedicated and loyal fanbase", its financial difficulties have left it vulnerable to a takeover.
The BBC has not been able to independently verify the reports.
However, it has been widely reported by news sites including The Information,Techcrunch,Verge and Venturebeat.
Pebble was one of the first... read more
- 07:23 Olympus scandal: Former bosses to pay $529m over fraud
- 07:23 Barclays profits more than double
- 07:21 £3million fund to boost Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire’s rural economy
- 07:21 BUXTON SPRING FAIR 2017: What’s on when and where
- 07:21 Middlesbrough ace Adam Forshaw: This is why we are playing with...
- 07:21 Liverpool Transfer News: £10m ace wanted, Bayern Munich battle,...
- 07:21 Female Islamic clerics in Indonesia issue rare child marriage fatwa
- 07:21 Breaking news, travel and weather updates around Notts on Friday,...
- 07:20 Teacher ‘shot by two pupils in school corridor’
- 07:20 Hull LIVE! Rail strike hits commuters
- 07:19 Prostate cancer update: Drinking THIS can HALVE your risk
- 07:19 Manchester United suffer Timothy Fosu-Mensah injury blow
- 07:19 Marouane Fellaini: Man United star must do this after red card -...
- 07:18 Emmerdale spoilers: Goodbye Pierce? Boss reveals what happens next...
- 07:18 Emmerdale boss speaks out on Robron drama as special episode is...
- 07:18 Star drops huge Liverpool transfer hint: Reds fans will love this
- 07:17 BREAKING: Pedestrian dies after Mansfield moped crash
- 07:16 VIDEO: Brave Chorley newsagent fights off knifeman with old police...
- 07:16 Two men charged with criminal damage after incident at BAE
- 07:16 Paul Carrack steps out of the shadows of Mike & The Mechanics to...
- 07:16 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 07:16 Knights of Malta draw battle lines after clash with pope
- 07:14 Scotland under-17s have ability to be European champions, says...
- 07:14 Cricket: East Kilbride ready to unleash new signings in opener
- 07:14 Airdrieonians captain Iain Russell wants to call the season a...
- 07:13 Steelbacks' showing was 'pretty grim', says Ripley
- 07:12 RBS reports first quarter profit as turnaround continues
- 07:12 Fish disease outbreak closes fishing lakes
- 07:12 John Maguire: Why all the faux outrage over election?
- 07:12 White powder package threat to Scots politicians