Patients 'will suffer unless NHS budget rises'
Patients in England will see rising waiting times, rationing and cuts in the number of staff unless the NHS gets more money, health bosses say.
A five-year plan to increase the budget by £8bn a year by 2020 was only set out last year, but now hospital bosses have warned that is not enough.
Chris Hopson, of NHS Providers, said the settlement needed to be redrawn.
However, the Department of Health said "tough economic decisions" had allowed it "to invest in our NHS".
It comes ahead of the Autumn Statement next Wednesday when ministers will set out their spending plans.... read more
- 10:23 Woman posts unfortunate tweet just hours before Sir Bruce Forsyth's...
- 10:21 Mental health battle being fought - thanks to football
- 10:20 Tamworth FC head into Curzon test full of confidence
- 10:19 Anderton Boat Lift opens new £50,000 playground
- 10:19 Ulverston Proms performer makes appeal after saxophone stolen
- 10:17 McDonald’s workers in the UK set to strike for first time ever
- 10:17 Jeremy Hunt reacts after Stephen Hawking claims Tories have caused...
- 10:16 Man found injured by Folkestone harbour wall dies
- 10:16 Swansea v Manchester United: LIVE build-up, team news and highlights
- 10:16 Footballers on strike: Will Philippe Coutinho join this list of...
- 10:16 Arsenal transfer shock: Arsene Wenger tried to sign Jonny Evans -...
- 10:15 Russian knife attacker wounds eight
- 10:13 V Festival food and drink guide 2017
- 10:11 Jeep Compass review - Old-school looks with off road excellence
- 10:11 These are officially the clumsiest names in Britain
- 10:11 Watch: Shocking road rage where man screams abuse and jams on brakes
- 10:11 The full weekend weather forecast for Coventry
- 10:09 'Compassionate, generous, adventurous' Canadian grandfather killed...
- 10:09 Will McGregor v Mayweather save American boxing – or bury it?
- 10:07 Jo Konta knocked out of Cincinnati Open by Simona Halep after...
- 10:05 How to look after your mental health in the aftermath of a terror...
- 10:05 Here's why Town fans should set off early for Sunday's sold-out...
- 10:04 Paranormal investigator claims he knows true identity of St James...
- 10:04 13 ways you can spot a Scottish person
- 10:02 Transfer news LIVE: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and...
- 10:01 Julian Draxler to Liverpool: Philippe Coutinho must be sold fast to...
- 10:01 Love Island’s Georgia Harrison confirms split from Sam Gowland –...
- 10:00 Do you have what it takes to be a firefighter in North Wales?
- 09:59 Kitten trapped in wall finds new home in Durham
- 09:58 Merriam-Webster has created a way to find out which words were...