Patients go private for pool
Patients across the West Midlands are struggling to gain access to adequate amenities for hydrotherapy, according to a Birmingham therapist.
Following the 'phasing out' of Selly Oak Hospital's hydrotherapy pool, people suffering from rheumatological conditions such as arthritis, or recovering from surgery, are being forced to seek private treatment.
The pool, which accommodated up to two people at a time, was used to help ease patients' pain and improve their mobility
But in April, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, which runs the hospital, decided to discontinue the... read more
- 16:37 Trade union leader to speak at Corby event
- 16:37 Homeless cases in Corby double in four years
- 16:37 Stephen Lawrence Day to be held annually
- 16:36 ITAC Limited fined after employees injured in Bankfield Mills fire
- 16:36 Cyclist seriously injured after collision with car near Billesdon
- 16:35 The Brazilian butt lift is the DEADLIEST cosmetic procedure:...
- 16:35 Eating cod, herring and red snapper may ward off Parkinson's...
- 16:35 Childhood obesity and depression are both driven by the same brain...
- 16:35 Irritable bowel disease sufferers are 30% more likely to develop...
- 16:35 Membranes bring punk perfection to second year of their festival
- 16:35 Call for “out of hours” provision to help the homeless
- 16:35 IN PICTURES: The fantastic local runners who took part in this...
- 16:34 Police appeal after on-line iPhone sale scam
- 16:33 Petition against Limefield housing plans
- 16:33 Mirfield footballers poised for five-a-side charity clash
- 16:31 Company director jailed after fitting laser jammer to Range Rover...
- 16:31 "True gentleman" tribute for Burnley born bakery boss Bill
- 16:31 Mirfield footballers poised for five-a-side charity clash
- 16:31 Burnley and Pendle film night premiere
- 16:31 Melania Trump looks happier with Barack Obama than she ever does...
- 16:30 Daphne Caruana Galizia murder: EU justice chief to press case...
- 16:30 Theresa May announces Stephen Lawrence Day in tribute to murdered...
- 16:30 We need to go to this unicorn-themed inflatable water park
- 16:30 Get ready for a caterpillar explosion: This year's warm spring...
- 16:30 Burnley and Pendle film night premiere
- 16:30 Dramatic switch in the Earth's oceans 15,000 years ago released...
- 16:30 Severe droughts affecting up to 400 MILLION people in Europe could...
- 16:30 You don't want to be bitten by this! The world's 'largest mosquito'...
- 16:30 Amble restaurant fishes for votes in bid to win third annual title
- 16:29 Doncaster man jailed for raping girl after offering her a lift