Patient friends battle cancer with help from the experts
0 Have your say They are two young Doncaster woman who faced a health bombshell when they were diagnosed with a rare form of cancer.
But now, they and a close pal from Newark, have told of their gratitude to the South Yorkshire medics who have battled to help them as they fought the illness.
Tania Kemble-Smith, Caitilin Carroll, both from Doncaster, and pal Lindsey Holland from Newark, formed a close bond as they battled ovarian germ cell cancer - a cancer so rare it accounts for only one or two per cent of cancers of the ovaries.
Each received a diagnosis of ovarian germ cell cancer this... read more
- 15:15 White van spotted at violent double burglary
- 15:14 #Cry4Friends campaign for youngsters who have lost their friends to...
- 15:14 Volunteers are needed to help people Getabout
- 15:14 Body of 4ft 'black panther' found on A1 near Doncaster
- 15:14 Fishing communities urged to apply for EU funding
- 15:13 Man pulls out pistol in front of neighbours after ‘noisy’ car makes...
- 15:13 Pep Guardiola gives Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz a Man City Champions...
- 15:12 Star Wars 8: REAL reason Kylo Ren went to the Dark Side revealed -...
- 15:12 What it’s like to find out you’ve got HIV while pregnant
- 15:12 Bullfighter grabs his testicles after being gored in his privates
- 15:11 Burglars steal valuable collection of model cars from elderly man
- 15:11 Working to tackle anti-social issues in Forest Hall
- 15:11 £10 shop theft from Worksop store put man at risk of prison
- 15:11 Wellingborough school alumni give inspirational talk to pupils
- 15:11 £300million IAMP development to create more than 5,000 jobs moves a...
- 15:11 What if I’ve murdered someone and buried them in the back garden?...
- 15:10 £10 shop theft from Worksop store put man at risk of prison
- 15:10 Wigan thief has jail term cut
- 15:09 'Lucky escape' for driver after car comes off road in North...
- 15:09 Road near Mansfield closed after car ends up on its side
- 15:09 Could pineapple plant be the answer to your snoring nightmare?
- 15:09 Everything you need to know about Christmas in Edinburgh
- 15:09 Preston woman tells of her struggle with depression and anxiety
- 15:09 'I'm not some saddo who doesn't have anything else' Mark McGhee on...
- 15:08 £10 shop theft from Worksop store put man at risk of prison
- 15:07 Birmingham architect named 'rising star'
- 15:07 John Michie shares treasured photo of late daughter Louella
- 15:07 Tributes paid to Royal British Legion stalwart locally and...
- 15:06 Mild conditions expected until Thursday
- 15:06 'The Reedley Wild Show'