Passing of jewellery, property mogul Cheng marks new era for HK’s billionaires
Hong Kong's highest profile officials and business people on Thursday paid their respects to one of Asia's richest men, Cheng Yu-tung, whose passing marked the first of an ageing generation of tycoons whose hold on the city's economy faces growing challenges.
Cheng, who died aged 91 on September 29, was the billionaire founder of Hong Kong property group New World Development. His $17 billion empire included one of the world’s largest jewellery companies and spanned the infrastructure and telecommunications sectors, while his business dealings at one point included current U.S. presidential... read more
- 18:27 Shaping Up: If you’ve fallen back in the winter, it’s time to...
- 18:27 Bradley Lowery shows off new haircut ahead of England mascot...
- 18:26 Germany's Schaeuble advocates 'multi-speed governance' in EU - FT
- 18:26 U.S. shares edge higher as healthcare vote eyed; gold dips
- 18:25 Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny names Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante as Premier...
- 18:25 Manchester United should re-sign Michael Keane – he’s better than...
- 18:25 Fernandinho headstart in adapting to Pep Guardiola's Man City demands
- 18:25 Sergio Romero reveals weird obsession with his Manchester United kit
- 18:24 Nottingham schools could lose out on millions in Government funding
- 18:24 See the amazing miniature food that looks so real you want to eat it
- 18:24 Mikael Forssell exclusive: Ex-Birmingham City star looks back at...
- 18:24 Aston Villa's Albert Adomah on painting & decorating and being...
- 18:24 CCTV image issued after chainsaw theft near Bourne
- 18:24 Birmingham City Under 23s extend unbeaten run at Sheffield United
- 18:23 Ander Herrera reveals amazing secret about Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- 18:22 Birmingham Moseley taking nothing for granted against struggling...
- 18:22 Aldi to open SIXTH Coventry store - and they're hiring
- 18:21 Squash is a ‘great’ sport to teach, say Doncaster brothers
- 18:21 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Sheffield man accused of sexually assaulting vulnerable women says...
- 18:20 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Fire breaks out at Bangladesh central bank
- 18:20 Cobblers winger Sonupe joins Kidderminster on loan
- 18:20 EU refugee policy unsustainable, says Council of Europe commissioner
- 18:19 Mum sobs in court after smashing up equipment at Lincoln hospital
- 18:17 Two men jailed after trying to sell handgun linked to terrifying...
- 18:17 Pointless presenter Alexander Armstrong left unnerved by THIS...
- 18:17 REVEALED: 14 ways to keep kids entertained on flights WITHOUT...
- 18:17 Anti-ageing drug could be on the market in three years, say scientists
- 18:16 Mark McGhee urges Scotland fans to turn out in numbers for Slovenia...