Party held to mark 50th anniversary of Scunthorpe estate
THE 316 tenants on Scunthorpe’s Market Hill Estate at Crosby today (Friday, October 7) joined together for a double celebration.
They were celebrating the 50th anniversary of the opening of the three high-rise blocks of flats and maisonettes and the 25th anniversary of the formation of the residents’ association.
Crosby Flats, close to Scunthorpe Market, were completed by the former borough council in 1966.
They gave the town’s skyline new landmarks to join the famous line-up of blast furnaces at Appleby-Frodingham works – Queens Bess, Mary, Anne and Victoria.
It was officially named the... read more
- 16:13 Motorway blocked after crash between two lorries and a car
- 16:13 Llandyrnog cheese plants defeats ice and snow to take delivery of...
- 16:13 Teams worked through the night
- 16:12 New deal secures future of Bakewell’s Agricultural Business Centre
- 16:12 The festive foods you can and can't feed your dogs and cats
- 16:12 Which supermarket is the cheapest Aldi or Lidl?
- 16:12 A great year for Building Bridges in Burnley
- 16:12 West Ham v Arsenal: Drop Alexis Sanchez and give Olivier Giroud and...
- 16:12 Marcos Rojo reveals gruesome head wound after Manchester United’s...
- 16:11 Arriva bus strike vote tonight: Facebook debate rages
- 16:11 Mum almost FIVE TIMES the drink drive limit drove on M62 with...
- 16:11 Toni Kroos urged to join Manchester United FC after tweet
- 16:11 Glenfield team saved life of baby with heart outside her body
- 16:10 Woman finds ‘pain in the ass’ written on her receipt
- 16:10 Enjoy a stroll in the Notts countryside? Footpath bosses want your...
- 16:09 When is Mad Friday 2017 and what's on in Birmingham's bars and clubs?
- 16:09 Rescheduled dates for rubbish and recycling collections following...
- 16:09 Bear Grylls Adventure new NEC attraction includes biggest high rope...
- 16:09 Man airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after M180 crash
- 16:09 Nutella flavoured Oreos are perfect for dunking into hot chocolate...
- 16:07 What Pep Guardiola told his Man City players after Man Utd derby...
- 16:07 What Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola have said about Manchester...
- 16:07 North of Tyne devolution: Northumberland County Council gives deal...
- 16:07 New deal secures future of Bakewell’s Agricultural Business Centre
- 16:07 Will there be more snow and ice? The Met Office has updated its...
- 16:07 ‘Buxton and Leek College provided access to a better life’
- 16:07 Can you get sued for clearing snow and ice from your driveway?
- 16:07 Festive spirit at Clitheroe care home
- 16:07 Mums given £200 vouchers from Asda and Tesco to breastfeed their...
- 16:07 Sibley ‘proud’ at being named Warwickshire vice-captain