Partners at audit giant BDO to pocket £360k as profits rise 22% to £80.3m
The accountancy industry is ready to reform after a string of scandals, according to the UK boss of audit giant BDO.
It follows strong criticism of the cosy relationship between auditors, the businesses whose books they sign off and the Financial Reporting Council watchdog which is meant to supervise them.
Managing partner Paul Eagland said: 'We've got to work harder to improve public trust.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next 'The falling pound is helping Britain's economy and... Sterling slides to 31-year low against the dollar and... Share this article Share 'Here in the UK, it's almost... read more
- 03:26 Qantas profits buffeted by competition headwinds
- 03:26 SK Hynix CEO says will consider fresh bid for Toshiba chip unit stake
- 03:16 Aston Villa's slump: The Championship form table says it all for...
- 03:01 North Korea blames Malaysia for death of its citizen - KCNA
- 02:58 Rick and Morty troll fans everywhere with first teaser for season 3
- 02:57 'How my mother's organ donations brought new friendships'
- 02:57 Rainbow babies: The children bringing hope after loss
- 02:51 Fruit and veg: For a longer life eat 10 a day
- 02:48 Courts to ban cross-examination of victims by abusers
- 02:45 Civilians start fleeing homes after west Mosul offensive begins
- 02:36 Sniper Elite 4: How to get the perfect shot in the new gaming...
- 02:35 Nikkei drops led weaker by financials after U.S. yields fall
- 02:35 Adopted Romanian orphans 'still suffering in adulthood'
- 02:34 Parish council tax bills rise despite squeeze
- 02:33 New Trump travel ban delayed until next week, White House says
- 01:58 'Our favourite prey' Christian father & son ‘brutally burnt alive &...
- 01:58 Russia to target MERKEL? Putin builds model of GERMAN PARLIAMENT...
- 01:49 Anthony Joshua calls on heavyweight rival Deontay Wilder to face...
- 01:49 Paul Pogba and his brother Florentin make the family proud once...
- 01:41 Drivers have been warned to avoid these Midlands motorways during...
- 01:37 Donald Trump ‘DELAYS’ new ‘immigration ban’ order as he plans to...
- 01:32 The Indian politician with the reputation of a Bond villain
- 01:30 Indian sungazers keep up family tradition for four generations
- 01:28 Naomie Harris: What getting an OBE means to me
- 01:27 Earl Hays Press: Where Hollywood gets fake money and newspapers
- 01:27 Women and film: Is it still a man's world behind the camera?
- 01:27 A guided tour of the cybercrime underground
- 01:27 Jack Barsky: The KGB spy who lived the American dream
- 01:24 Coronation Street spoilers: Sarah Platt prepares to confront Nathan...
- 01:17 Antoine Griezmann has been fantastic over the last two years......