Partners at audit giant BDO to pocket £360k as profits rise 22% to £80.3m
The accountancy industry is ready to reform after a string of scandals, according to the UK boss of audit giant BDO.
It follows strong criticism of the cosy relationship between auditors, the businesses whose books they sign off and the Financial Reporting Council watchdog which is meant to supervise them.
Managing partner Paul Eagland said: 'We've got to work harder to improve public trust.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next 'The falling pound is helping Britain's economy and... Sterling slides to 31-year low against the dollar and... Share this article Share 'Here in the UK, it's almost... read more
- 07:43 YOUR VIEW: Fishergate Bollard mania has gone global
- 07:42 Mary, Queen of Scots
- 07:41 Former Newcastle star Andy Cole speaks for first time about his...
- 07:41 Rihanna turns 30: A closer look at the icon’s greatest moments in...
- 07:35 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:34 Sexual offences against children reported to police reaches a...
- 07:34 Elise Christie: Team GB speed skater WILL compete in 1000m short...
- 07:34 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:33 Sexual offences against children reported to police reaches a...
- 07:31 NEWS: Destiny 2 Crimson Days end time, Weekly Reset, Faction Rally...
- 07:31 Violent dad jailed for attack on ex partner
- 07:31 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:31 Search after children 'shout for help' near River Wyre
- 07:30 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:27 Search after children 'shout for help' near River Wyre
- 07:27 Cumbrian water bottle promotion is slated by plastics campaigners
- 07:26 Man Utd want to sell Marcos Rojo to PSG because of Real Madrid as...
- 07:24 Rocket Ronnie off to flier at Guild Hall
- 07:22 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:22 Emmerdale spoilers: New pictures confirm Robert Sugden and Aaron...
- 07:22 Donald Anderson: Why Scotland’s pothole problem is here to stay
- 07:22 Coronation Street spoilers: Kate Connor and Rana Nazir together at...
- 07:21 William Hill fined £6.2m for lax controls
- 07:20 Violent dad jailed for attack on ex partner
- 07:20 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:20 Paramedic bitten at hospital by a patient he was trying to help
- 07:18 William Hill to pay £6,200,000 for ‘social responsibility and money...
- 07:17 Chris Coleman: Right decision to join Sunderland
- 07:16 Jurgen Klopp to Real Madrid: Sky Sports pundit analyses surprise...
- 07:16 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte criticised by Sky Sports pundit for...