Partner pays tribute to engineer after tragic death at power substation in Northamptonshire
A jury has ruled that a project engineer was electrocuted in a tragic accident while working in Northamptonshire.
Roy Miller was working at a major Daventry substation in Norton Road on Friday 3 July 2015 and died from his injuries while being airlifted to University Hospitals Coventry and Warwick.
It is understood that the 52-year-old, who was working for Western Power Distribution at the time of the incident, received an electric shock from the 33 thousand kilowatt station.
He had been called out to investigate a tripped circuit when he accidentally touched a bolt, which had become live.... read more
- 20:31 EastEnders spoilers: Max and Rainie Branning vow to get baby Abi back
- 20:30 Judge appoints 'special master' to review seized Trump lawyer...
- 20:19 Middlesbrough judge tells beggar jail 'may save your life'
- 20:17 Get souped up at Howlands evening
- 20:15 Nine teenage hikers killed in Israel flash floods
- 20:12 Bercow should stand down before next election, Boothroyd hints
- 20:09 Zika virus could be a CURE for brain cancers that kill children,...
- 20:09 Why 'little and often' exercise is so good for you: Daily workouts...
- 20:05 Teenager screams ‘I’m Jesus’ when he is arrested for leading cops...
- 20:04 Theft probe GP found dead with girlfriend in Cape Verde
- 20:00 Avicii's family say DJ 'could not go on any longer'
- 19:59 Family of DJ Avicii say ‘he could not go on any longer’
- 19:59 Bill Cosby found guilty of sexual assault
- 19:57 Eoin Morgan not daring to dream of World Cup glory despite...
- 19:57 FA’s proposed sale of Wembley to Shahid Khan is a sign of the times
- 19:56 Arsene Wenger explains why David Ospina starts for Arsenal against...
- 19:54 Cancer researchers claim 'extraordinary results' using T-cell therapy
- 19:52 Home Office ditches targets for removing immigrants from UK
- 19:52 'Our standards should be higher' - Wolves fans react to £20m...
- 19:52 Leader comment: Preparing a best of British welcome for Mr Trump
- 19:52 Saido Berahino's problems increase at Stoke City - here's Paul...
- 19:48 'Alfie Evans has a right to life' - Protesters gather at Leicester...
- 19:46 Fans claim Avicii’s team ‘has blood on their hands’ as family...
- 19:45 TSB rift with Spanish owner emerges as IT crisis drags on
- 19:44 Alfie Evans' parents urge supporters to stand down as they prepare...
- 19:44 High street gloom: What are your redundancy rights?
- 19:41 Aldi branded 'ruthless' over compensation offer in planning battle
- 19:39 Russell Brand cancels Aberdeen stand-up show
- 19:37 Canada data firm AIQ may face legal action in UK
- 19:35 Russia says its witnesses discredit alleged chemical attack in Syria