Partner pays tribute to engineer after tragic death at power substation in Northamptonshire
A jury has ruled that a project engineer was electrocuted in a tragic accident while working in Northamptonshire.
Roy Miller was working at a major Daventry substation in Norton Road on Friday 3 July 2015 and died from his injuries while being airlifted to University Hospitals Coventry and Warwick.
It is understood that the 52-year-old, who was working for Western Power Distribution at the time of the incident, received an electric shock from the 33 thousand kilowatt station.
He had been called out to investigate a tripped circuit when he accidentally touched a bolt, which had become live.... read more
- 11:41 Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic refuses to reveal...
- 11:41 Eight-year-old’s love for Ariana Grande could have saved her from...
- 11:41 Eddie Jones picks eight uncapped players for Barbarians as George...
- 11:41 Ajax's attacking talent flopped in Europa League final, but young...
- 11:41 UPDATED: Possible suspicious package in Manchester deemed safe
- 11:41 Antonio Valencia is Manchester United's unsung hero and lauded by...
- 11:41 Liverpool fans set up petition to remove Michael Owen as club...
- 11:39 WIN tickets to see Elbow at Forest Live
- 11:39 Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Manchester United intend to do this after...
- 11:39 Ander Herrera to Barcelona: Ernesto Valverde's line-up next season...
- 11:39 Bomb squad called to incident in Hulme
- 11:38 Housing market moving sideways, lenders say
- 11:38 David Silva pictured wearing Man City's new kit
- 11:38 Ansell offloads condom division for $600m
- 11:37 New Warwick mayor follows wife’s footsteps in new role
- 11:37 Indy 500: How to watch Fernando Alonso in action on TV and live stream
- 11:37 BREAKING: Army and bomb disposal team called to incident in Manchester
- 11:37 Wicked: Over The Rainbow finalist Sophie Evans cast as Glinda the...
- 11:37 Where is Phillip Schofield? This Morning viewers left confused as...
- 11:37 University pays tribute to 'well-liked' student Liam Curry after...
- 11:36 Laura keen to end season on a high
- 11:36 Revealed: The one shop our readers want to open in Leicester
- 11:36 You can help put Scotland’s core paths on the map
- 11:34 Manchester terror attack: Chorley travel agents “went the extra mile”
- 11:34 Tories stay silent over leader election
- 11:34 Travellers given until 10am tomorrow to move off Northampton park
- 11:34 BREAKING: Army and bomb disposal team called to incident in Manchester
- 11:34 RECRUITMENT: Jobs fair for Rushden Lakes tomorrow
- 11:34 Lancaster and Morecambe tattoo parlours donating cash from...
- 11:34 Greyhound Derby: world’s richest dog race comes to Towcester