Part of A500 to close overnight for five weeks for resurfacing work
Part of one of Stoke-on-Trent's busiest roads will be closed overnight for five weeks while major repairs are carried out.
Highways England will be undertaking resurfacing work on the A500 starting next month.
It will see the southbound carriageway, slip-roads and laybys shut between junction 16 of the M6 and the Talke roundabout.
Read more: Traffic wardens slap eight parking tickets onto one car
The closure will be in place between 8pm and 6am from Wednesday, November 9 for around five weeks.
The southbound carriageway will also be shut to traffic over five weekends from 8pm on Friday to... read more
- 15:16 Discover Fashioned from Nature at the V&A
- 15:15 Arsene Wenger: Robin Van Persie sends emotional message to Arsenal...
- 15:15 Man Utd legend Sir Alex Ferguson reveals why he’s delighted at...
- 15:14 What does 420 friendly mean?
- 15:14 Top of the Shops with Tom Kerridge - A flop from top to bottom
- 15:14 Canadian chocolatier Shyte goes viral for hilarious name
- 15:14 Alien spaceships, grunting pigs and revving Ford Cortinas among...
- 15:14 Festival fans urged to snap up tickets to National Forest's Timber...
- 15:13 Community fights against plan for quarry expansion
- 15:13 Send us your football team photos
- 15:13 Trinity star’s grandson Luke is born to run
- 15:13 Teenager turns bird detective
- 15:13 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:13 Staff, management and volunteers pitch in to turn Burnley green
- 15:12 Roadworks Round-up: The works which may cause you hold-ups in the...
- 15:12 Magpie Recipe: Hake with Spanish beans, for two
- 15:12 Bury families in poverty are to get help
- 15:12 Headteachers from Bury highlight school funding crisis
- 15:11 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:11 Is your business stuck in a mobile not-spot?
- 15:10 France's ex-PM Manuel Valls could stand for mayor of Barcelona
- 15:10 Sir Alex Ferguson pays touching tribute to Arsene Wenger after...
- 15:10 PNE in Numbers: North End have become Championship’s comeback kings
- 15:09 Have you seen this missing Kettering man?
- 15:08 Ill passenger causes delays on trains
- 15:08 Multi-million pound scheme to get Nuneaton jobless back to work
- 15:08 Got a rat, cockroach or other pest problem in Mansfield? Phone...
- 15:08 Tony Pulis demands Middlesbrough see the job through
- 15:08 Mobile speed camera locations in Calderdale
- 15:08 Halifax MP anger over last bank closure in Sowerby Bridge