Parking slashed to just £1 after 3pm on 28 car parks in Stoke-on-Trent
Parking charges are to be slashed on 28 council-run car parks - with motorists paying just £1 after 3pm.
Stoke-on-Trent City Council is bringing in the reduced charges - from November 21 - for a 12-month trial after calls from shoppers and traders.
Motorists currently pay £1 to park between 7pm and 7am on all 28 of Stoke-on-Trent's 'surface' car parks. Now that price will run from 3pm to 7am as part of the changes set to be approved next week.
Read more: Tesco to fine shoppers £70 if they wrongly park in disabled and parent bays
The £1 offer affects car parks in Hanley, Stoke, Fenton,... read more
- 10:25 CCTV of moment sex attacker stalked victim hours before marrying...
- 10:25 Bar flouts food safety laws by selling cheaper version of spirit
- 10:25 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:24 Teens jump 20ft from window to escape armed intruder who planned to...
- 10:24 Take a look at David Beckham as he swaps the football kit for a...
- 10:24 Celebrating boxing's greatest fight nights in Britain
- 10:22 Katie Price reveals she lets her kids poo in her garden because she...
- 10:21 Hospital kitchen staff serve up five-star food rating for patients
- 10:21 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:19 Troy Deeney uses Eric Bailly as an example to perfectly explain...
- 10:19 Chester knitters invited to get crafty for Age UK fundraising appeal
- 10:19 Teenage girl raped in Northumberland park
- 10:18 Real Madrid have launched 'Operation David de Gea’… so is this the...
- 10:18 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:18 Barcelona and Espanyol's derby showdown has more bad blood than...
- 10:18 Gillingham suspend striker Donnelly ahead of crucial Cobblers clash
- 10:17 Traffic and travel for Leicestershire - updates
- 10:17 Vaisakhi parade: Biggest Sikh event of the year to bring thousands...
- 10:17 Live updates as police 'incident' on Humber Bridge causes traffic...
- 10:16 Transfer News: Man United's £40m talks, Chelsea stars' meeting,...
- 10:16 May Day bank holiday misery for Furness train travellers this weekend
- 10:16 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:15 Notorious Afghan warlord calls for peace in first public speech
- 10:15 Tony Ferguson: Nate Diaz, you're f**king scared homie
- 10:15 Victims of sick surgeon who butchered women’s breasts to...
- 10:15 Tour de Yorkshire Day 1: Thrills and spills at the seaside
- 10:13 Is this the new Celtic top? Hoops fans LOVE potential home kit for...
- 10:11 Let’s be honest, bank holidays are actually really stressful
- 10:11 Bank holiday misery for drivers as A1 is closed
- 10:11 Volunteers who give their all to help the Burton community are...