Park and ride plan to make life a beach at secret spot
A park and ride service is one of several options being considered to ease congestion at a popular summer spot high up in the Pennines above Todmorden. Gaddings Dam, Lumbutts, – often said to be Britain’s highest beach – attracted huge numbers of tourists in the summer to bask in sunshine.
But this caused frustration among villagers and businesses, with complaints about litter and inconsiderate parking.
Todmorden Town Council has now decided to address the issue and will discuss various options - including a park and ride scheme - to cater for an expected influx of sunseakers flocking to... read more
- 06:54 Ariana Grande shares message of support on anniversary of...
- 06:53 Chelsea should NOT sell Eden Hazard even if Real Madrid offer £150m...
- 06:52 Manchester attack: Arena survivors mark first anniversary
- 06:52 Tuesday’s best TV – Manchester: The Night of the Bomb; A&E Live
- 06:52 Ads on the frontline: changing hearts and minds
- 06:52 Karen Bradley urged to restart Stormont talks
- 06:51 Once and for all: your vulva isn’t meant to look good
- 06:51 Fussy teen ate nothing but sausage rolls for 15 years
- 06:51 Mum has her face painted to match her son’s birthmark so she can...
- 06:49 Bradgate Unit could be set for £50m 'complete revamp', here's where...
- 06:48 PNE boss Alex Neil says Deepdale strategy will lead to success
- 06:47 England’s ‘smallest toy shop’ helps Thrapston high street thrive
- 06:47 Wellingborough dancer on course for dream career in the West End
- 06:47 Could you down a pound of haggis for Corby hospice?
- 06:47 Wellingborough drink-driver who gave ‘highest reading ever’ jailed
- 06:46 Anthony Hopkins reveals he doesn't care if he's a granddad after...
- 06:46 Guest Column: Living with bipolar is tough but help is out there
- 06:46 Farewell, Barbara, Sheffield's lucky lottery winner who gave away...
- 06:43 Prince Harry’s joy at spotting orphan he bonded with in Africa and...
- 06:43 Activist sentenced to five years in prison for promoting Tibetan...
- 06:43 'Dynamic' Dundee earns place on Lonely Planet's Best in Europe 2018...
- 06:40 Missing Sheffield man found safe and well
- 06:39 New £140m distillery springs into life
- 06:39 Darren McGarvey: A journey from wits’ end to Orwell Prize nomination
- 06:39 Call for small-time drug users to avoid court
- 06:39 Scotland’s ‘overlooked’ city one of Europes best places
- 06:39 Developer’s plans for Perth friary site resurrected
- 06:39 Church sell-offs loom to ensure future of the Kirk
- 06:37 Duke and Duchess of Sussex (aka Harry and Meghan) to attend first...
- 06:37 British people have got collectively more miserable over the last...