Parents will have to show kids' birth certificates to get council binmen to collect nappies
Parents on Anglesey will have to show their children’s birth certificates if they want the council to continue to collect dirty nappies.
According to town hall chiefs, waste management teams have “evidence that most children are potty trained between ages of two and three”, so the council wants to make people prove their child’s age if they want to receive the service.
But families who will be affected by the changes say they are ridiculous and do not take account of different rates of child development, or that some disabled children may still need nappies beyond a certain age.
The changes... read more
- 17:49 Unison announces five days in a row of Derby school strikes
- 17:49 Kayleigh's Love Story film about murdered Kayleigh Haywood film to...
- 17:49 Harrogate woman who saved husbands life calls out for mandatory CPR...
- 17:48 Volkswagen 'fixes 470,000 UK diesel cars'
- 17:47 Ryan Coney crash tragedy: Driver 'lost control', inquest told
- 17:46 Mum’s invited to exhibtion showcasing the benefits of using a sling
- 17:46 Man jailed for killing primary school teacher in bar attack
- 17:45 Police and Royal Mail ask: How can we stop dangerous dog attacks?
- 17:45 Abandoned Leeds bunnies seek new owners
- 17:44 Jaguar F-Pace SUV: Prices, specs and reviews
- 17:44 Jurgen Klopp to Barcelona: Guillem Balague provides major update on...
- 17:43 New councillors elected to Hebden Royd Town Council
- 17:43 Trial of Northampton police officer charged with rape begins
- 17:43 WATCH: X Factor winner Sam Bailey's visit to Rainbows Children's...
- 17:41 Celtic star Moussa Dembele wanted by Europe’s elite but which side...
- 17:41 Kilwinning Rangers legend Gerry Peline leads dressing room...
- 17:41 Police probing Glasgow assaults release images of man they want to...
- 17:41 Parts of South Sudan suffering famine: govt official
- 17:40 Uber CEO orders 'urgent investigation' on sexual harassment claims
- 17:40 Alibaba expands bricks-and-mortar retail push with Bailian deal
- 17:40 Snap arrives in London to woo skeptical investors ahead of IPO
- 17:40 Perrie Edwards Snapchats from BED with footballer boyfriend Alex...
- 17:39 EA servers down: Battlefield 1 servers status hit by new outage
- 17:39 Tamworth rugby stalwart remembered as a "gentleman"
- 17:39 Are you a Birmingham City fan? Here's the best way to check
- 17:38 Look back at more pictures from the past of Tuesday pool league in...
- 17:38 Lincoln City's FA cup legends could be given freedom of the city
- 17:38 Police issue photo of woman who was last seen three weeks ago
- 17:37 Man threatened with hunting knife in Northampton street robbery
- 17:37 European shares supported by miners, telecoms; Unilever slump weighs