Parents will have to show kids' birth certificates to get council binmen to collect nappies
Parents on Anglesey will have to show their children’s birth certificates if they want the council to continue to collect dirty nappies.
According to town hall chiefs, waste management teams have “evidence that most children are potty trained between ages of two and three”, so the council wants to make people prove their child’s age if they want to receive the service.
But families who will be affected by the changes say they are ridiculous and do not take account of different rates of child development, or that some disabled children may still need nappies beyond a certain age.
The changes... read more
- 16:22 NOSTALGIA: Santa swaps sleigh for Model T Ford
- 16:22 Independent 'leads' in Austrian poll
- 16:19 White Christmas in Derby this year - what are the chances?
- 16:19 Calls for Welford speed limit reduction
- 16:19 Iceland Foods hits back at Icelandic government over trademark
- 16:18 Jurgen Klopp reacts to shocking Liverpool defeat at Bournemouth
- 16:18 Two schools’ big extension plans
- 16:16 Divock Origi: What I thought of Liverpool losing 4-3 to Bournemouth
- 16:16 Livid Liverpool fans blast Lovren, Lucas and Karius after...
- 16:16 PNE Fans’ Panel verdicts
- 16:15 Recovery teams comb charred ruins of California warehouse, 10th...
- 16:15 Rebels tell U.S. they won't leave Aleppo; army sees operation over...
- 16:15 Islamic State strikes back to slow Iraqi forces in Mosul
- 16:12 LIVE: Austria polls closed as Government declares no...
- 16:12 Brigg mourns death of respected sport figure
- 16:12 Bournemouth 4 Liverpool 3: Late Ake winner stuns Reds in thrilling...
- 16:11 'Serious fire' closes road
- 16:10 Last chance to enter Nottingham’s Santa Run and Walk
- 16:10 Live updates as police close A52 near Queen's Medical Centre after...
- 16:08 This will worry Leeds fans: Crucial Elland Road deal takes another...
- 16:07 Section of M6 to stay closed for roadworks
- 16:07 Are you wearing the right bra size? A Lincoln woman tells you where...
- 16:07 Fire at 100-year-old building thought to be deliberate
- 16:06 Ukraine: Five police killed in friendly-fire shoot-out
- 16:05 Christmas 2016: Could you burn some calories at the Christmas...
- 16:05 Drink-driver banned from the road after flattening lamppost and...
- 16:03 YOU ARE NOT ALONE: Support groups for the bereaved ahead of Christmas
- 16:03 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp criticises Reds after Bournemouth defeat
- 16:02 Grantham shows are Strictly for dance lovers
- 15:59 Video: Kidsgrove Christmas lights switch on takes place thanks to...