Parents start campaign to tidy up churchyard where son is buried
The parents of a baby boy who was tragically stillborn 15 years ago have launched a campaign to get the churchyard where he is buried tidied up.
Louise Doughty and Kevin Price are saddened by the overgrown grass, bushes and borders at St Andrew’s Church in Dowsby and are hoping to organise a group of volunteers to carry out a tidy up.
Their son, who they named Jordan Hope, was stillborn at 19 weeks. Had he lived, he would have celebrated his 16th birthday in March next year and his parents are determined to have the churchyard sorted before then – with plans for a balloon release to mark... read more
- 08:46 BREAKING: Train derails and explodes into flames in Bulgaria,...
- 08:45 11 of the most bizarre yoga classes to have come out of 2016
- 08:44 Missing father Stephen Woolley's car is found
- 08:43 Burnley travel guru helps HQ to business award
- 08:39 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 08:39 Men jailed for shoplifting in Buxton
- 08:39 A big cheer from Melton for Make It Happen 2016
- 08:37 What’s on in Derbyshire this weekend?
- 08:37 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 08:33 Oil platforms could be left in the North Sea
- 08:31 This Chelsea ace is so good it's like having an extra player out...
- 08:27 Aga cooker sparks city centre house fire
- 08:27 Man goes missing from Nottinghamshire village
- 08:26 Elliot ready to return after nine months out
- 08:25 Students rise to the challenge at RAF base
- 08:25 Arsenal and Manchester United target Dimitri Payet available for...
- 08:24 ‘Bridlington is an amazing place with a lot to offer’
- 08:22 Four killed after train derails and explodes in Bulgaria
- 08:21 Grantham Journal column: We’re pushing to get new complex built
- 08:19 PHOTOS: Banbury Santas run for hospice
- 08:18 Can cyclists ride side-by-side on the road?
- 08:18 Racists force council to shut down Facebook fostering campaign for...
- 08:17 Warwick Town Centre plan approved
- 08:12 Downing Street invite for local business owner
- 08:12 WATCH: Winter Wonderland experience at Conkers
- 08:11 Residents' fury as diverted traffic from Telford's Limekiln Bank...
- 08:11 Meole Brace roundabout: 4,500 strong petition against work to be...
- 08:11 Future Fit: Shropshire MPs to meet Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt...
- 08:11 Jailed: Telford father and son who harassed witness at dangerous...
- 08:11 Shropshire father who swung baby son by his legs spared jail