Parents of boy who killed girl, 8, for not showing him her puppies sued for £7.7m
The parents of an 11-year-old boy who shot and killed an eight-year-old girl because she wouldn’t show him her puppies are being sued for £7.7million.
A wrongful death lawsuit argues that the boy’s parents, Jason and Mary Ann Tiller, had a duty to keep their son from harming others with a firearm.
It has been filed on behalf of Latasha Dyer, the girl’s mother, in Jefferson County Circuit Court, Tennessee.
Makayla Dyer, eight, was playing outside her home in White Pine – about 40 miles east of Knoxville – in October last year.
First pictures released of the farmhouse Ben Needham disappeared... read more
- 14:17 Tennent’s to pour £1m into new Wellpark visitor centre
- 14:16 Leicester Tigers fly-half Freddie Burns named Aviva Premiership...
- 14:16 Borussia Dortmund prodigy Julian Weigl is not ready for Real Madrid...
- 14:16 Arsenal fan group plan Alexis Sanchez banner at the Emirates... of...
- 14:16 TOP SPIN AT THE TEST: Alastair Cook becomes first England batsman...
- 14:16 Leicester should be embarrassed... Claudio Ranieri needs to sort it...
- 14:16 Cool Runnings too? The Nigerian women set to become African...
- 14:14 WATCH: Shocking footage of youths kicking and punching teenager in...
- 14:14 WATCH: International Marshall demonstrator Steve Smith visits...
- 14:13 Carlisle floods victim turned drug dealer after losing everything
- 14:13 Radio 1 band provide soundtrack to University of Cumbria promotion
- 14:13 National Grid flogs a majority stake in its gas business to a team...
- 14:13 Straw wagon causes problems for Carlisle motorists
- 14:13 Opportunity for hospitals to help smokers quit
- 14:12 Alnmouth one-way system set to start
- 14:12 Operation Checkpoint chalks up another success
- 14:12 Opportunity for hospitals to help smokers quit
- 14:11 Mansfield drug man fined
- 14:11 Greg Lake dies at 69: One of his last interviews 'ELP were never...
- 14:11 Fine for Eastwood man who stole groceries from Sainsburys
- 14:11 Help for Mansfield woman with 20-year drug habit
- 14:11 Amphetamine diet man lost 5 stones before arrest in Retford
- 14:11 Man charged with phone possession in HMP Ranby
- 14:11 Futures flat ahead of ECB rate decision
- 14:10 FEATURE: New station will be gateway to Doncaster's future
- 14:10 New lease deal saves Lancaster children’s centre
- 14:10 Tom Heaton set to return for Burnley’s clash with Bournemouth
- 14:10 Boston and Skegness MP backs Government plans for Brexit
- 14:10 Your dazzling Christmas trees - Pictures
- 14:10 British Steel pension scheme proposals welcomed by trustees