Parents delight after baby born with half a heart finally allowed to come home
A baby boy from Grimsby who was born with only half a heart has finally been able to go home to his family after surviving open-heart surgery at just four days old.
Reggie Aslin was born with the rare defect, hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS), which meant that half of his heart did not properly form.
His parents Lee and Michelle, 35 and 34, were given the devastating news at their 20-week scan.
Doctors gave Reggie a 50 per cent chance of survival and said three major operations would be needed on his heart. He also said that Reggie would be unlikely to live beyond his teens.
The brave... read more
- 09:11 Paul Robinson: Louth Cattle Market is part of a ‘complicated jigsaw’
- 09:11 Woman tracks down her missing cat after uploading its photo to Tinder
- 09:10 Away form is blighting Birmingham City - five things we learned...
- 09:08 No slide tackles and no shouting from sidelines - 12 new youth...
- 09:07 Italy referendums: Lombardy and Veneto vote on greater autonomy
- 09:06 Robin Hood’s Bay dance school backs Whitby charity WHISH nets £200
- 09:05 Crimewatch: The Coventry crimes that have featured over the last 33...
- 09:05 Tottenham vs Liverpool: No Firmino, Mane, Dier or Dembele in our...
- 09:05 Volvo Ocean Race: What is it? When is it? How do you win?
- 09:05 Arsenal news LIVE updates: Wenger on retiring, double injury boost,...
- 09:05 Ronald Koeman fears he will be SACKED today if Everton lose to Arsenal
- 09:04 Doncaster Citizen's advice bureau concerns over Universal Credit
- 09:04 REGIONAL NEWS: Woman arrested after baby falls to death from...
- 09:04 Picnic area issues reported to police
- 09:02 Ripley hit-and-run latest - police quiz revellers over Audi A4
- 09:01 Tutbury granddad celebrates his 80th birthday - by getting a tattoo
- 09:00 Storm Brian in Liverpool - when will the bad weather stop?
- 09:00 CCTV proves crooked shopkeeper was lying about armed bandits...
- 09:00 Cops concerned for welfare of missing man last spotted in Aberdeen
- 08:59 Labour will team up with Tory rebels to demand Brexit changes
- 08:57 Zombie apocalypse at North Shields college
- 08:57 Tottenham vs Liverpool preview, TV channel, kick-off time, date,...
- 08:57 Young rugby stars land new sponsors
- 08:57 Artist appeals for help on press gangs
- 08:57 Top award for North East ambulance staff
- 08:56 Inspector Morse's legacy: John Thaw's daughter makes Endeavour...
- 08:55 Dream job going – interest in Scottish islands essential
- 08:55 Planning list for council to determine
- 08:55 Wellington Road in Burton gets so flooded when it rains walkers end...
- 08:55 Council and police hand out cat bells to help reduce thefts