Paramedics brush up on childbirth skills thanks to new scheme
Ambulance crews are sometimes called to the aid of a woman in labour who is expected to give birth imminently. Now, a new partnership is allowing North West Ambulance Service paramedics to learn the latest birthing techniques from midwives at Furness General Hospital in a bid to make emergency 999 deliveries as safe as possible.
Sascha Wells, director of maternity at the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust, said the skill-sharing scheme was working well.
Mrs Wells said: "As part of their formal training, all newly qualified paramedics receive basic training on... read more
- 13:06 15 well-paid, interesting and rewarding jobs in the West Midlands...
- 13:06 Birmingham City transfers: Watford join hunt for Swedish...
- 13:06 Heroin and cocaine seized in undercover police operation in South...
- 13:06 WWE superstar Brock Lesnar tipped to make shock return to UFC
- 13:06 Crystal Palace to complete signing of Premier League star this week
- 13:06 Morecambe Carnival bids for Red Arrows
- 13:05 Berwick team of ’67 are honoured at club’s 50th anniversary dinner
- 13:05 Harrow and Embleton top NN League tables
- 13:04 What have Barbie's boyfriend, One Direction and Strictly Come...
- 13:04 Letters - January 19, 2017
- 13:04 WATCH: Council apologises after road sweeper video goes viral
- 13:04 Teenager tells jury she had nightmares after allegedly being raped...
- 13:04 England scrum-half Ben Youngs backing Six Nations glory to support...
- 13:03 'Another poor signing!' How Birmingham City fans reacted to Diego...
- 13:03 Kings of Leon release EXTRA tickets for Birmingham concert - and...
- 13:03 These are the Birmingham branches HSBC plans to close
- 13:02 Is showering every day BAD for you? Cleaning with soap too often...
- 13:02 Update your iPhone software NOW: iOS 10.2.1 fixes 'devastating'...
- 13:02 Gruesome Roman skeleton is found with his tongue RIPPED out and...
- 13:02 Taylor hits late winner for Town
- 13:02 Beattie claims a creditable third place in his European outing
- 13:01 £2,000 bill after dead rats found in Halesowen pub cellar
- 13:01 Inquest opens on Ellie Underhill after Tesco car fall death
- 13:01 EasyJet shares tumble after £35m knock to finances
- 13:01 Dudley man in court over Winson Green prison riot
- 13:01 Search for suggestions to help save iconic Wolves church
- 13:01 Popular pub eyed up as new stop for Wolverhampton cabbies
- 13:00 HSBC to close 62 more branches this year
- 13:00 FTSE 100 rises as sterling slides
- 13:00 Manchester United set to create 300 new places for disabled fans in...