Parade of classic cars marks Queen's 90th birthday
Prince Michael of Kent was in the driving seat as he toured a string of 90 classic British-built cars marking the Queen's 90th birthday.
The vehicles formed rows in the courtyard of Buckingham Palace with the first - a Bullnose Morris Oxford built in 1926 - the year of the monarch's birth.
The prince inspected the vehicles and met drivers dressed in traditional costumes from the period of their cars - giving a full snapshot of nine decades of motoring progress.
Highlights included a £5 million Ford GT40, a Bentley Continental GT, a Back To The Future-style DeLorean as well as what was... read more
- 13:45 Wolves, Fulham and Aston Villa stars aplenty as our writers name...
- 13:45 First community chip shop in the UK to reopen near Coventry
- 13:45 Cat given away by family walks 12 miles to find them - and they...
- 13:44 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:43 EU rejects Irish border proposals and says Brexit talks could still...
- 13:43 Arsene Wenger was like a squatter... he outstayed his welcome and...
- 13:42 Rise in assaults on staff reveals intolerable pressure on NHS
- 13:42 Man sought by Cumbria Police in connection with attempted arson...
- 13:41 Boy, 16, ‘deliberately started house fire that killed his mother, 32’
- 13:41 Scottish Power to hike energy prices for 1 million customers
- 13:40 How to make your property stand out from the street with a bold...
- 13:39 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:38 Antonio Conte reacts to Arsene Wenger’s decision to quit Arsenal
- 13:38 Colne toddlers raise £600 with three-mile sponsored walk
- 13:37 German supreme court rejects ad-block challenge
- 13:36 Mum claims son, 6, told ‘he’s not black enough to wear conditioner’...
- 13:36 What's next for Arsene Wenger? Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain...
- 13:36 Arsene Wenger's dream team: After 22 years at Arsenal, Sportsmail...
- 13:36 Beckton birthday acid attacker John Tomlin jailed for 16 years
- 13:36 Sheffield school issues warning about flasher
- 13:36 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:34 Tommy Wright is not welcome at Dens Park, says Neil McCann
- 13:34 Superstar DJs: the best playlists curated by musicians
- 13:33 How long has Arsene Wenger been at Arsenal and how long was Sir...
- 13:33 VIDEO: Heroic Stratford mum Rachael honoured
- 13:33 Britrock tour comes to Birmingham
- 13:32 Sunderland v Burton Albion is not the only result Nigel Clough will...
- 13:32 Police on the hunt after woman was sexually assaulted in Preston
- 13:31 Bid for 325 new homes in Wigan moves a step closer
- 13:31 Shock at sudden death of popular ex-Wigan vicar