'Panda cruelty' video goes viral in China
Outrage is growing in China over a video that appears to show mistreatment of two giant panda babies at a famed research facility in Chengdu.
In the video, which has since gone viral, a staff member can be seen "dragging and throwing" the cubs.
The incident has drawn criticism from Chinese netizens, who have raised concerns about animal cruelty.
However, panda keeper Guo Jingpeng defended himself saying the cubs were being violent.
Mr Guo told state news agency Xinhua that what is not shown in the video is that he was bitten during a feeding.
"The cub bit my hand really hard.... read more
- 12:01 Amazon Alexa horrifies owner by declaring ‘Every time I close my...
- 12:01 Police appeal over missing nine-year-old Anita-May Davidson
- 12:01 Man, 45, stabbed in Finchley Park, Kingstanding - what neighbours...
- 12:00 Moving to the cloud makes good sense
- 12:00 Consultation launched into plans to expand Sheffield secondary...
- 12:00 World Cup beer shortage could hit Sheffield pubs and supermarkets
- 12:00 Sheffield cancer survivor praises “fabulous” NHS
- 11:59 World Cup beer shortage could hit Sheffield pubs and supermarkets
- 11:59 World Cup beer shortage could hit Doncaster pubs and supermarkets
- 11:59 REVIEW: Beautiful - The Carole King Story, Opera House, Blackpool
- 11:59 Music interview: Nile Rodgers on returning to Glasgow’s Kelvingrove...
- 11:58 Alan Sugar under fire over 'racist' Senegal World Cup team tweet
- 11:57 Bridge lighting up for MND Day
- 11:57 World Cup beer shortage could hit Doncaster pubs and supermarkets
- 11:55 How to get your Netflix membership cheaper - or make it completely...
- 11:55 Spitfire flypast highlight of action-packed Armed Forces Day in...
- 11:55 Transfer latest: Update on Hartlepool United striker search
- 11:52 Motorist caught watching TV while driving on the M6
- 11:52 Brain Game charity night to return to Birmingham
- 11:52 The end of the Ricoh? Wasps searching for new stadium sponsor
- 11:51 Consultation launched into plans to expand Sheffield secondary...
- 11:50 Gosport hospital: more than 450 patients died due to opioid drugs...
- 11:50 Gosport hospital deaths: how victims' families were let down for 20...
- 11:50 Dan Evans not among Wimbledon wild cards and will start in...
- 11:49 A new plan to tackle homelessness in Lincolnshire is now underway
- 11:49 Liverpool Transfer News: Tolisso’s Anfield ‘dream’, Real eye Fekir,...
- 11:49 Lane of M6 at Carlisle closed due to crash
- 11:49 ELDC - Royal Square clean-up is under way
- 11:49 Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis asks 'what is the point in getting...
- 11:49 Why Mesut Ozil could benefit from Jack Wilshere’s Arsenal departure