Panasonic reveals the 'invisible' TV: Prototype OLED screen turns into transparent glass when not in use
At first glance, it looks like a glass pane in a sliding door, but with a push of a button or wave of a hand a television screen instantly appears.
Panasonic has been improving its transparent television since unveiling it at the Consumer Electronics Show, with the goal of making it completely invisible.
The firm swapped out the LED screen for an OLED and now when in transparent mode, the set is completely undetectable - allowing users to clearly see through it.
Scroll down for video
THE KEY TO INVISIBLE TVS OLED, organic light-emitting diode, produce light when electricity is applied... read more
- 01:31 Housing bid on Preston farm site rejected
- 01:27 Harrogate to be central hub for 2019 UCI Road World Championships
- 01:25 The 20 most expensive transfers of the 2017 summer window so far...
- 01:25 Arsenal transfer blow: Bids for Alexandre Lacazette and Thomas...
- 01:25 Newcastle in talks with Liverpool for winger Sheyi Ojo
- 01:24 Call for free prescriptions for long-term ill
- 01:18 Rise in poorer students dropping out of university
- 01:14 Anne Kennedy: Give us our money Mrs May – nurses can no longer stay...
- 01:14 Leeds wins £3.4m grant to tackle homelessness
- 01:11 BREAKING: At least one injured after EXPLOSION tears through US...
- 01:09 UK CO2 and energy costs 'set to rise'
- 01:08 Wakely warns Northants of Leicestershire’s final-day threat
- 01:08 Saints, Cobblers and Steelbacks to battle it out at fun day
- 01:03 Five surprising findings from British Social Attitudes survey
- 00:56 North Korea in fresh war threat as Kim vows to brush aside UN...
- 00:53 Jayne Dowle: Clearing the air a decade on from the smoking ban
- 00:53 Greg Wright: Get a grip on runaway credit or we face a second crash
- 00:53 Anne Kennedy: Give us our money Mrs May – nurses can no longer stay...
- 00:49 Will YOUR next party have its own Snapchat geofilter? App now lets...
- 00:49 The Avebury stone SQUARE: Mysterious monument built nearly 3,000...
- 00:49 The dance of the supermassive black holes: Groundbreaking discovery...
- 00:49 The phone that doesn't need a battery and gets its power from the AIR
- 00:49 The REAL spider superhero: Thumbnail-sized arachnid shoots an...
- 00:45 ‘Patients with long term conditions cutting down on prescriptions...
- 00:45 Sudden ‘income shock’ forcing cash-strapped households to turn to...
- 00:45 Work could start on former Kellingley site by 2019
- 00:45 More students are dropping out of university early, figures show
- 00:45 Anne Kennedy: Nurses have had enough – we need to be heard
- 00:43 Tesco plans to axe 1,200 jobs as it ramps up its cost-cutting drive
- 00:40 Ocado demos driverless delivery van in London