Pakistan break West Indies' resistance to win the first Test in Dubai as Darren Bravo's valiant century is all in vain
Darren Bravo's valiant century was in vain as Pakistan finally broke West Indies' resistance to win the Dubai day-night Test by 56 runs.
The hosts went into the final day needing eight wickets to secure victory in the series opener but they were made to work hard by West Indies, who have not beaten a major Test nation away from home since December 2007.
The match was finely poised at dinner with Pakistan needing four wickets and West Indies 114 runs short of their target with centurion Bravo and captain Jason Holder at the crease.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next STUART BROAD: The highs,... read more
- 01:23 Love Island's Gabby Allen flashes her abs in gold co-ords as she...
- 01:19 MS drug hope for secondary-progressive stage
- 01:19 Spot the difference - Damien Hirst's new vision
- 01:18 Cleckheaton’s home record intact going into new year
- 01:18 Cromack’s late strike secures Liversedge victory
- 01:18 Mike Hill MP: You cannot put a price on life – and using cheap...
- 01:15 Four in 10 online GP firms not safe, say inspectors
- 01:11 Derby backed over postponement by EFL as Cardiff owner Vincent Tan...
- 01:11 Paris Saint-Germain to play next European home game with reduced...
- 01:09 May urges 'new dynamic' in Brexit talks
- 01:02 Drunk friends can’t recall what started brawl in Mansfield town centre
- 01:02 Worksop assault woman’s dog bit female cop
- 01:02 REVEALED: The 25 foods which make us happy
- 00:55 Hawkshead Brewery founders take top accolade at Cumbria Life Food...
- 00:51 Rosa Parks house: Dispute threatens bitter end to homecoming
- 00:51 Former Rangers star Bilel Mohsni admits punch-up wrecked his career...
- 00:51 Australia fight back on day one of third Test against South Africa...
- 00:51 Who is John Bolton, Trump's new national security adviser?
- 00:37 80 years of The Beano marked at “The McMenace” in Dundee
- 00:34 Sudoku 4015 hard
- 00:33 Tottenham target Ryan Sessegnon must not have development rushed,...
- 00:28 Plastic patch in Pacific Ocean growing rapidly, study shows
- 00:26 Gareth Southgate reveals ‘disgusting’ racial abuse of young players
- 00:26 New Zealand v England: first Test, day two – live!
- 00:25 Tony Benn defends Galloway to party
- 00:22 Baselworld: Swiss watchmakers smarten up their act
- 00:22 Virtual reality as sharp as the human eye can see?
- 00:22 Grant of £31,000 set to boost young artists
- 00:22 Israel warns Iran over nuclear ambitions
- 00:22 What do we know about Austin bomber Mark Anthony Conditt?