Pair prepare for Miss Cumbria final
Two teenagers will take to the catwalk in the Miss Cumbria final in Carlisle next month.
Shannon Dunnon 17, of Chapel Street, Flimby, and Courtney Watson, 19, of Waste Lane, Cockermouth, have made it to the final of the competition which takes place on Saturday, November 12 in Carlisle.
They are among 20 contestants who will take part in four rounds donning evening wear, sportswear, party wear and eco wear where competitors wear clothes made of recycled materials.
The winner will qualify for next year's Miss England competition.
Shannon said: "I did not realise there was more to it... read more
- 15:25 Lessons about shared history
- 15:25 John Terry shows his commitment to Aston Villa - even when he is...
- 15:25 Semi professional footballer tried to rob taxi driver at knifepoint
- 15:24 'Serious' fire alarm fault fixed as Blackpool school set to reopen
- 15:24 Details announced for Christmas lights switch-on celebration
- 15:24 The Yorkshire Post says: What Yorkshire needs from the Budget
- 15:24 Firms launch new calendar to boost LIVES
- 15:22 Man arrested after man 'shot in the back' in alleged murder bid
- 15:22 The Resistance Now: activists plan to protest the Republican tax bill
- 15:21 WEEKEND WEB: Christmas fun planned at Jerry Green
- 15:21 S&M shows and an 'anything goes policy': Inside the secret...
- 15:20 Sheffield accountancy firm office set to close
- 15:19 Broadcasters hilariously mistake Roger Federer’s coach for his...
- 15:17 Car shooting in Northampton leaves two women with minor injuries
- 15:17 Chris Coleman: His rise to prominence as Wales boss
- 15:17 Chris Coleman: His amazing rise to prominence as Wales manager
- 15:16 ‘Horrendous’ toilets set to be demolished
- 15:16 Gerry Adams to outline political future at Sinn Féin conference
- 15:16 Rothbury Parish Council: Christmas lights, skatepark and a phone...
- 15:16 Sheffield accountancy firm office set to close
- 15:15 Notts teacher will have his mortgage paid for one year after...
- 15:13 Barrow Christmas Light switch-on 2017: What you need to know
- 15:11 Lessons about shared history
- 15:11 Sheffield accountancy firm office set to close
- 15:11 Award winning retailer sets up shop in Warwickshire
- 15:11 Hundreds gather for Darren Cumberbatch funeral at city's cathedral
- 15:11 Battlefields tour was a poignant experience
- 15:10 Community rallies in fancy dress for radio bus
- 15:09 Kim Kardashian and Beyonce seen ‘at VIP bar together’ during Serena...
- 15:08 Shisha lounges 'high risk': Why city bosses have launched crackdown