Painkiller addicts don't find babies cute - and that is more worrying than you think, doctors claim
Painkiller addicts do not find babies cute, a new study reveals.
While that may not sound earth-shattering - we all have different opinions - doctors claim this is a dangerous sign of how drugs manipulate the brain.
The human tendency to find babies cute stems from our natural impulse to give care, nurture the young, and procreate.
But a new study by the University of Pennsylvania found babies do not trigger any emotional reaction in opioid addicts.
'In summary, treatment with opioid modulators seems to be changing the brain response to baby schema and may modulate our motivation to care... read more
- 01:19 MS drug hope for secondary-progressive stage
- 01:19 Spot the difference - Damien Hirst's new vision
- 01:18 Cleckheaton’s home record intact going into new year
- 01:18 Cromack’s late strike secures Liversedge victory
- 01:18 Mike Hill MP: You cannot put a price on life – and using cheap...
- 01:15 Four in 10 online GP firms not safe, say inspectors
- 01:11 Derby backed over postponement by EFL as Cardiff owner Vincent Tan...
- 01:11 Paris Saint-Germain to play next European home game with reduced...
- 01:09 May urges 'new dynamic' in Brexit talks
- 01:02 Drunk friends can’t recall what started brawl in Mansfield town centre
- 01:02 Worksop assault woman’s dog bit female cop
- 01:02 REVEALED: The 25 foods which make us happy
- 00:55 Hawkshead Brewery founders take top accolade at Cumbria Life Food...
- 00:51 Rosa Parks house: Dispute threatens bitter end to homecoming
- 00:51 Former Rangers star Bilel Mohsni admits punch-up wrecked his career...
- 00:51 Australia fight back on day one of third Test against South Africa...
- 00:51 Who is John Bolton, Trump's new national security adviser?
- 00:37 80 years of The Beano marked at “The McMenace” in Dundee
- 00:34 Sudoku 4015 hard
- 00:33 Tottenham target Ryan Sessegnon must not have development rushed,...
- 00:28 Plastic patch in Pacific Ocean growing rapidly, study shows
- 00:26 Gareth Southgate reveals ‘disgusting’ racial abuse of young players
- 00:26 New Zealand v England: first Test, day two – live!
- 00:25 Tony Benn defends Galloway to party
- 00:22 Baselworld: Swiss watchmakers smarten up their act
- 00:22 Virtual reality as sharp as the human eye can see?
- 00:22 Grant of £31,000 set to boost young artists
- 00:22 Israel warns Iran over nuclear ambitions
- 00:22 What do we know about Austin bomber Mark Anthony Conditt?
- 00:20 Rise in cancers 'caused by weight'