Pain so bad I want my leg amputated says Huddersfield mum Julie Banwell
For seven years Julie Banwell has lived with pain so severe she believes amputation is her only option.
Now the mother-of-three is speaking about her rare condition in a bid to raise awareness of living with pain.
The 41-year-old’s life changed in April 2010 when she fell on concrete steps outside a school.
She had stitches but the pain in her knee continued until, 18 months later, she was diagnosed with a poorly understood and rare syndrome called complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) which causes persistent severe and debilitating pain.
Julie said: “I was an active mother and after a... read more
- 19:50 Spotify tests filter to block swearing in songs
- 19:50 World gets first glimpse of new royal
- 19:49 Derby and Sandiacre Canal Trust appoint fundraiser for £60m project
- 19:48 Is walking REALLY the perfect exercise? Four experts give their...
- 19:48 Psoriasis and arthritis sufferers have a higher risk of heart...
- 19:48 One hour of meditation is enough to reduce anxiety and stress on...
- 19:48 US veteran receives world's first penis and scrotum transplant:...
- 19:48 Agent expects Tom Brady to play for New England Patriots in 2018
- 19:43 Emmerdale spoilers: What happens next? A death leaves Ross...
- 19:41 Waffle House shooting: police arrest man suspected of killing four...
- 19:41 Diamond wedding couple finally celebrate after Beast from the East...
- 19:36 More Chester stores close as retail revolution continues
- 19:34 Brexit: pros and cons of leaving the customs union
- 19:34 Aldi offers compensation so it can build controversial store near...
- 19:34 Arsenal News: Ivan Gazidis chooses Arsene Wenger replacement
- 19:30 Roma chief confirms Liverpool are trying to secure Alisson transfer
- 19:30 This is why Sunderland have denied Wolves a bigger allocation for...
- 19:28 Police arrest Waffle House murder suspect Travis Reinking
- 19:26 Theresa May suffers third Brexit defeat in Lords
- 19:26 Local elections voter ID trial 'like picking up parcel'
- 19:25 The newborns who share birthday with royal baby
- 19:25 Roma announce Qatar Airways as club's shirt sponsor until 2021 and...
- 19:25 Mo Salah rejoins Liverpool team-mates after picking up PFA Player...
- 19:24 Waffle House gunman arrested
- 19:21 Multiple injuries after van plows into pedestrians in Toronto
- 19:16 Up to 30 lives a year could be saved by checking for low tyre...
- 19:14 New hope for Alfie Evans as toddler given Italian citizenship after...
- 19:13 Man jailed after giving speed cameras the finger from his Range Rover
- 19:13 Firefighters tackle blaze at Sutton Park in Sutton Coldfield
- 19:13 Cannabis farm worth £100,000 found in Erdington garden after tip off