Pain so bad I want my leg amputated says Huddersfield mum Julie Banwell
For seven years Julie Banwell has lived with pain so severe she believes amputation is her only option.
Now the mother-of-three is speaking about her rare condition in a bid to raise awareness of living with pain.
The 41-year-old’s life changed in April 2010 when she fell on concrete steps outside a school.
She had stitches but the pain in her knee continued until, 18 months later, she was diagnosed with a poorly understood and rare syndrome called complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) which causes persistent severe and debilitating pain.
Julie said: “I was an active mother and after a... read more
- 08:37 Education trust makes appointment on its board
- 08:37 New driving rules are coming into force TODAY - here's what you...
- 08:37 Events are springing up for all the family
- 08:37 Health officials to pass on expertise to help other trusts
- 08:37 On the move: Latest appointments and promotions
- 08:36 Dele Alli: Tottenham beating Chelsea was the best moment of the season
- 08:36 Lionel Messi: Did you see what Barcelona superstar did to wind up...
- 08:35 How to get two hours FREE parking in string of town centres
- 08:35 Transfer rumour: West Brom interested in Tottenham defender this...
- 08:34 Arsenal starting XI if only locals could play: This line-up is...
- 08:34 General Election 2017: Energy bill cap 'will hit consumers'
- 08:34 A19 at a standstill after seven vehicle crash
- 08:34 Rugby League LIVE - Hull FC stars set to be named in England squad,...
- 08:34 South Korea presidential candidate Ahn seeks to restart six-party...
- 08:33 No-one is safe from cyber criminals warns leading security expert
- 08:33 Fire crews called to fire at derelict building in Warwick
- 08:32 Sergio Ramos and Gerard Pique in dressing room incident after...
- 08:32 Kylian Mbappe will be playing for this club next season - Monaco chief
- 08:32 Transfer News: £120m Chelsea spree, Alexis Sanchez claim, La Liga...
- 08:32 Lionel Messi scores 500th Barcelona goal as Real Madrid beaten in...
- 08:31 Watch world-famous Flying Scotsman celebrate past, present and...
- 08:31 A19 at a standstill after seven vehicle crash
- 08:31 Decision day for Birchwood Leisure Centre £1m revamp
- 08:30 No-one is safe from cyber criminals warns leading security expert
- 08:30 Calderdale students are shown the horrors of the Holocaust
- 08:30 Missing girl, 12, found
- 08:30 Emerging markets could help lift German engineering this year
- 08:30 Missing Halifax girl found safe and well
- 08:28 Nine people ordered out of Notts town centre by police
- 08:28 Drink-driver filmed driving down M6 with just THREE wheels and...