#PaellaGate: Jamie Oliver has really upset the Spanish with his Paella recipe
Jamie Oliver has nearly sparked a diplomatic incident after ‘innocently’ tweeting out his favourite paella recipe earlier this week.
‘Good Spanish food doesn’t get much better than paella,’ he wrote. ‘My version combines chicken thighs & chorizo’.
Seemingly innocuous, you might think.
But, you would be wrong. For the Spanish, the inclusion of chorizo is basically a crime against their traditional and cherished Valencian dish. They haven’t taken it well.
@jamieoliver Remove the chorizo. We don't negotiate with terrorists. First warning.
Llimona (@llim0na) October 04, 2016 For the... read more
- 11:55 NEW island emerges in same waters as Bermuda Triangle - but...
- 11:54 Funding celebrations for Maltings theatre
- 11:54 Dugdale leads tributes to Labour council stalwart
- 11:54 Police ask people who have used three firms to contact them after...
- 11:54 Peter Rabbit sculpture returns to Snugburys Ice Cream in Nantwich
- 11:54 Heartbreaking picture of boy in dad’s arms moments before he died...
- 11:54 Bridge over Coast Road to be demolished this weekend
- 11:53 Horncastle woman pleads not guilty to child abduction
- 11:53 SE Asia Stocks-Most rise; Singapore hits over one-month closing high
- 11:53 Russian military hits back over Fallon's jibe
- 11:53 New CET boss to 'double the size of the business'
- 11:52 Bodybuilder who claimed compensation over holiday food poisoning...
- 11:52 Concern over £5.5 billion contract to provide NHS services in the...
- 11:52 Jose Mourinho's transfer policy hints at his long-term plans at...
- 11:51 Liverpool and Tottenham contact Monaco about Thomas Lemar deal
- 11:51 Trainspotting director and Olympics artistic director Danny Boyle...
- 11:50 Who are the famous faces getting honorary degrees from Sunderland...
- 11:50 Horror as dead moles left dangling from fence near school
- 11:50 Ed Sheeran UK tour 2018: here's the nearest place to see him live
- 11:50 Nine-year-old Beeston schoolboy hopes to deck rivals and become...
- 11:50 What's it like to live in York? Why this charming city set within...
- 11:49 Man raped in attack in Rotherham street
- 11:49 Sheffield Hospital hub will help charity
- 11:49 UK and industrials prominent in Goldman strategists' M&A target...
- 11:49 'She was beautiful inside and out': Devastated family's tribute to...
- 11:49 Play areas across borough to be improved
- 11:48 Swansea target Erwin Mulder on free transfer from Heerenveen as...
- 11:48 Firm hires designer who decorated Prince William’s wedding car
- 11:48 South Ribble MP appointed as Theresa May's aid
- 11:48 Week In Court