Oxford University students in hotel after hall delay
Nearly 90 Oxford University students are living in a hotel after work on a new halls of residence overran.
Cohen Quad on Walton Street was due to be completed on 11 August.
Exeter College booked the Jury's Inn for 86 students when it became clear Cohen Quad would not be ready by 6 October.
It said it was "deeply frustrated by the delay" in the "complex" project. Contractors Alison Brooks Architects declined to comment.
Student Harry Williams said: "I think we were all concerned about where we were going to live and how much of a disruption it was going to be...the... read more
- 19:25 Brazil will complete their World Cup 2018 qualifying campaign...
- 19:25 Two men appear in over murder of man found in burned out car
- 19:24 The ‘world’s fattest woman’ is attempting to lose 64 stone
- 19:20 ASAP Rocky just wants to ride his bicycle – even after a session...
- 19:19 'His lips were blue and I knew he was gone' - mum's heartache after...
- 19:19 Boxer Fortunate Bube set to miss title fight after getting locked up
- 19:16 Google tests auto-play videos in search results
- 19:15 Sunderland seal deal for Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban on...
- 19:14 Star Wars 8: Leia 'EMOTIONAL' final scenes with Kylo Ren? How can...
- 19:14 Manchester United believe there’s ‘real chance’ of Gareth Bale...
- 19:13 15 summer styles all 90s kids rocked
- 19:11 Arsenal leading race to sign Man City's Jadon Sancho: He idolises...
- 19:10 Apple and Cochlear reveal revolutionary implant that can stream...
- 19:10 Instagram meltdown as site crashes for US and European users
- 19:10 Three-year-old twins drown in backyard swimming pool
- 19:09 Watford 1 Rangers 2 as Jason Holt grabs late winner for Pedro...
- 19:06 The dramatic moment an orca attacks a fishing boat and tries to rip...
- 19:06 The tiny country full of golfing giants: Why Northern Ireland...
- 19:05 Northfield Beach has opened in Birmingham and kids are loving it...
- 19:04 Outlook sizzling hot - superstore offers barbecue forecasts
- 19:03 Robber tried to take 12-year-old boy's bike in Widnes
- 19:01 Dalton mum diagnosed with terminal cancer urges woman to have smear...
- 19:01 Furness students could get TV license refund
- 19:01 Barrow man admits 'moment of madness' takeaway assault
- 19:01 Pair accused of Ulverston assault to appear in crown court
- 19:01 Bootle drink driver admits running away from police
- 19:01 Country life celebrated at Ulverston and North Lonsdale Show
- 18:57 Instagram is down and social media has gone into meltdown
- 18:57 Foxconn expected to announce multi-billion dollar investment
- 18:57 RBS likely to avoid compulsory sale of Williams & Glyn